Land Rover Defender 2015

jack_christie

Forum Addict
The Land Rover DC100 concept will star at the Frankfurt motor show next month ? and the dramatic design proposal could form the basis of the replacement for the iconic 4x4 Defender model.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/258886/
LandRover-Defender-268111123922951600x1060.jpg

The Defender is a handsome brute as it is, and what did they do? They made it look like something from Cars. I really hope they don't end up ruining it like that.

Nissan want their Cube back.

Also aren't Autocar renders like autoexpress renders? Pointless?

Not military enough. But if this is just a render, then there is hope yet. I just wish they'd sell the Defender in the US again, it's my favorite of the Land Rovers.

Wow, if it shares any qualities with the way that thing looks, I'll be disapointed.

That rendering looks pretty good. As long as they get, which they should, that visibility, ie big windows, are important in a real off roader, then I will feel good about it. The new Evoque has me worried, but hopefully they will see past the Posh Spice silliness of that motor, and make a proper 21st century Defender.

That rendering looks pretty good. As long as they get, which they should, that visibility, ie big windows, are important in a real off roader, then I will feel good about it. The new Evoque has me worried, but hopefully they will see past the Posh Spice silliness of that motor, and make a proper 21st century Defender.

Do not worry. Land Rover's got split into two different directions: the Land Rover will continue making manly off-roaders, like the new Defender, the Freelander and the Discovery and the Range Rover is targeted to the posh market with the Evoque, the Range Rover Classic and the Range Rover Sport.

Note the integrated front winch, I don't think it's going to be quite as plastic as people are expecting.

Now we know where the designer of the Citroen Berlingo went.

It's just a concept car at the moment but I don't think it'll be very different, I was expecting lots of plastic. On the up side they've kept quite a few Defender design cues (side lights above and outside of headlights, ribbed roof, shaped wheelarches to name a few).

I'll never be happy with it obviously. :p

Needs to be more chunky and more military/explorer like, and not some match for the RAV4 FCS. If I want a RAV4 I'll buy a RAV4.

Where have the external hinges gone?
Wait, so the Americans (Jeep Wrangler) are better at maintaining an automotive tradition than the British? Must go and deal with this new fact.