Unveiled: Say goodbye to the Mitsubishi Colt. Welcome the new Mitsubishi Mirage

This is the european Colt (Ralliart):

Mitsubishi-Colt-29495_japan_xxx_11_6.jpg

I don't think the junkbox Mirage is the new (european) Colt. But I'm a bit confused really.

now that is almost a handsome car. the car in the OP is hideous and as a previous poster pointed out, old-looking.

This is the european Colt (Ralliart):

Mitsubishi-Colt-29495_japan_xxx_11_6.jpg

I don't think the junkbox Mirage is the new (european) Colt. But I'm a bit confused really.
Yes the Ralliart is very nice. Weirdly, if you order the lower trim levels, you don't get any extra black tape on the A-pillar, making it look very strange as the mirror housing blacks out only half the A-pillar. What Mitsubishi is saying is that the Mirage is the new global car, so we'll get it, but maybe they'll also make a more upmarket successor to our Colt. Or they won't, we'll see. The Colt is much nicer, but I wonder how many they sell. For the whole fiscal year 2010, European production was 27 149 cars split on the Colt and the Outlander. Mitsubishi could sell more cars if someone introduced them to the concept of advertising I think.

How is that supposed to compete with cars like the Ford Fiesta and Mazda 2 ?!?
It isn't, those are too expensive. This has to be cheaper. Nissan Micra territory. If Mitsubishi thinks they can put a Mirage up against a Fiesta, they need to get out of auto manufacturing now and focus on what they're good at, like heat exchangers.

Last edited:
What's a "Mitsubishi"? Isn't it that company that used to make TVs back in the 90s?
Heheh, we used to have a 90s Mitsubishi TV. :lol:

Seriously though, this car is uuuuuugly. The interior looks functional, if cheap, but the exterior is hideous.

I expect to see hundreds of these around where I live. Old Lancers and Mirages are still everywhere. If it's Micra priced it's pretty certain to outsell it, even if it looks like it's already ten years old.

It looks like a car a nurse would drive. There are certain cars nurses drive, and you will find them at every hospital and nursing home in the country. It used to be the bubble-shaped Mazda 121. Then it was the Ford Festiva, then the box-shaped Mazda 121 Metro. Now it's the Mazda2, especially the sedan version nobody else bought. They seem to like cheap outdated cars, I expect this to be the new baby of the nursing home carpark.

So very uninspiring. Oh wait, that has been the Mirage for at least 20+ years now. It is a shame that Mitsubishi never really improves the Mirage and man does it look cheap like mine does.

What a shame, the Mirage *could* be great and extremely competitive, if only they actually bothered to make it feel/look like it had more quality and look better. They never have really looked all that great. It reminds me of something that Hyundai would make from 2000. That Ralliart Colt looks significantly better in comparison. :( The older Mirages were only built as a cheap appliance (looks, feels, and drives like it) and this doesn't look to stray too far from that.

(Also, my Grandmother still has a Mitsubishi TV that works from like 1991. It's kind of on it's last limbs though as it makes quite a static noise and the colors look funky. It wasn't used for nearly all of that time so it lasted that long.)

What's a "Mitsubishi"? Isn't it that company that used to make TVs back in the 90s?

Heheh, we used to have a 90s Mitsubishi TV. :lol:

As of today, Mitsubishi Group consists of 370 companies. If you go to their website, they have a search engine to find them all. Camera manufacturer Nikon is a Mitsubishi subsidiary. They make everything, most of it more successfully than the car division.

mitsubishi should just give up making cars. nothing apart from the Evo has been any good at all in the past 20 years, and they even managed to fuck THAT up.

idiots

mitsubishi should just give up making cars. nothing apart from the Evo has been any good at all in the past 20 years, and they even managed to fuck THAT up.

idiots

..ahem...:p

I actually like the minimalism of the interior, it looks very clean. The outside.... yikes.

It's hideous and boring. It looks like everything that Toyota's currently doing wrong--i.e. making uninspiring blobs. It's a huuuuuuuge step down from the Colt, which is actually kind of neat with its ticked-off-looking front end on a tiny car.

Fail fail fail fail failfailfail.

It's hideous and boring. It looks like everything that Toyota's currently doing wrong--i.e. making uninspiring blobs. It's a huuuuuuuge step down from the Colt, which is actually kind of neat with its ticked-off-looking front end on a tiny car.

Fail fail fail fail failfailfail.

This. It's utterly forgettable. I had to click back just to get a refresher. Now that I'm on this page...its all a blur again.

It's so bland, even I wont drive it.

:shock2:

And this is from the guy whose first reaction upon seeing the new Chevy Sonic was "PHWOAR!" :D

He is right, though.

The only thing I like is the interior, and I wish that was rendered in higher quality soft touch materials....but I'm a dash-stroking whore so yeah...expected :p

Oh, it won't be. If it's anything like the current Lancer, it'll be made of plastics so scratchy Fisher-Price wouldn't have 'em.

That being said, the simple interior does look appealing to me. I hate the two-tone color scheme and the cheesy Eco light (they've even managed to sneak this into the Evo MR now to remind you when you're not having any fun, ugh), but overall, things look easy to find and use.

But that exterior?! Dear sweet little meatballs of the FSM, what were they thinking?!