No announcement yet.

2013 Porsche 911 Turbo - Tri Turbo powered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7 speed manual seems to be a "complex workaround" to be able to meet emission and fuel consumption standards without having to tone down the engine output or gear it weirdly.

I find the 3-turbo-setup odd as well, but after seeing a revival of twin-turbo-setups, it was just a question of time. And thinking that the term "turbo" sort of is connected to the 911 turbo, it makes sense that Porsche would be the manufacturer to come up with it.
    Last edited by the Interceptor; February 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell

If you're going to stick your dick in crazy then make sure you know where all the exits are
    - MWF

Comment

Color me typical, but I'd much rather have the fire breathing normally aspirated 500bhp 4.0 RS engine.

This says it all

N/a FTW
      Last edited by Eunos_Cosmo; February 3rd, 2012, 1:30 PM.

[ speramus meliora; resurget cineribus]

Comment

The Metzger engines are very cool.
        Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Something is wrong with me...for the first time, I'm finding a 911 attractive. Damn.
          Bad Bowtie Productions
          ^YouTube Channel^

LIKE us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bowtie View Post
            Something is wrong with me...for the first time, I'm finding a 911 attractive. Damn.
            It's okay. Renegade Hybrids has an LS1 swap kit for the 996. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eunos_Cosmo View Post
              Color me typical, but I'd much rather have the fire breathing normally aspirated 500bhp 4.0 RS engine.

This says it all

N/a FTW
              Your hipster glasses are showing...but seriously nice engine

Comment

Originally posted by the Interceptor View Post
                I find the 3-turbo-setup odd as well, but after seeing a revival of twin-turbo-setups, it was just a question of time. And thinking that the term "turbo" sort of is connected to the 911 turbo, it makes sense that Porsche would be the manufacturer to come up with it.
                I believe the optimum number of cylinders for one turbo to get the best flow is two and if you use a twin-scroll turbo it's four. So for a six cylinder engine you achieve the best result by using 3 ordinary turbos.

Comment

Working...
                X