Concept: Daimler and Renault show their first partnership model: The Mercedes-Benz Citan

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
zA1io.jpg

eoTkd.jpg

mDMpA.jpg

:blink:

And yeah, it's just a Kangoo with the Merc badge on it.

Interior sounds pretty unique to the merc. I've liked the look of this gen kangoo so seeing the Mercedes model would be cool.

Also, dat orange ...:wub:

Well, it's a small "dog catcher" transport. Generic as it gets. Does that mean an end to the Merc/VW van partnership (Sprinter/Crafter)?

Dear Renault:

How's it going? So, I've heard you've hooked up with my ex. Look, I'm not trying to influence you about him or anything, it's just that...well, I didn't have the best time with him. Sure, it was great at first, and the tech transfers were, well, hot. But, after a bit, he got all creepy and stalkerish on me. Everything I did, I had to get his approval first. And when I mean everything, I mean everything. I couldn't even take a piss without calling Stuttgart first. You should have seen the long-distance bills.

And then came the weird stuff. He forced me to...well, he forced me to start making weird-looking cars that had zero performance. Have you seen the Dodge Caliber? After that one, I started taking showers, lots of hot, long showers, and I'd keep scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and nothing would come off and...

...sorry about that. So where was I going with this?

Oh, yeah, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Hey, on my own, I make weird-looking cars that have less performance than they look like they have. I'm French. It's what we do." That's sort of true. But it's a phase. All of us at some time in our lives have to put out a Vel Satis. But your new boyfriend...he doesn't do it on his own. He makes other people do it. Then when it doesn't work, he puts the blame off on someone else. Ask him about his little daughter Smart. Bet he hasn't told you about her, huh?

Seriously, Renault, get out. Get out as fast as you can. This guy is nothing but trouble. You think you can handle it, just like you did with that Romanian guy who wore cheap clothes and wouldn't take a bath (and great news about the number you did on him!). And don't worry about leaving. There's life after him. Just look at me. Yeah, I was bummed for a few years, but then I met this great Italian guy and, honestly, I've never been happier. Owns a Maserati and everything.

Your friend,

Chrysler

Dear Renault:

How's it going? So, I've heard you've hooked up with my ex. Look, I'm not trying to influence you about him or anything, it's just that...well, I didn't have the best time with him. Sure, it was great at first, and the tech transfers were, well, hot. But, after a bit, he got all creepy and stalkerish on me. Everything I did, I had to get his approval first. And when I mean everything, I mean everything. I couldn't even take a piss without calling Stuttgart first. You should have seen the long-distance bills.

And then came the weird stuff. He forced me to...well, he forced me to start making weird-looking cars that had zero performance. Have you seen the Dodge Caliber? After that one, I started taking showers, lots of hot, long showers, and I'd keep scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and nothing would come off and...

Oh, yeah, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Hey, on my own, I make weird-looking cars that have less performance than they look like they have. I'm French. It's what we do." That's sort of true. But it's a phase. All of us at some time in our lives have to put out a Vel Satis. But your new boyfriend...he doesn't do it on his own. He makes other people do it. Then when it doesn't work, he puts the blame off on someone else. Ask him about his little daughter Smart. Bet he hasn't told you about her, huh?

Seriously, Renault, get out. Get out as fast as you can. This guy is nothing but trouble. You think you can handle it, just like you did with that Romanian guy who wore cheap clothes and wouldn't take a bath (and great news about the number you did on him!). And don't worry about leaving. There's life after him. Just look at me. Yeah, I was bummed for a few years, but then I met this great Italian guy and, honestly, I've never been happier. Owns a Maserati and everything.

Your friend,

Chrysler

:rofl::+1: Well played!

They needed to do design-school concept drawings just to put a Merc badge on a Kangoo?

Oh well, Mercedes have been missing out on the small van market. Merc vans are popular here, this has a good chance of taking a chunk of the market currently dominated by the Berlingo and VW Caddy here.

Interior sounds pretty unique to the merc. I've liked the look of this gen kangoo so seeing the Mercedes model would be cool.

Also, dat orange ...:wub:

I don't know, it looks pretty similar to the Renault interior.

Current Kangoo interio. Note hazard button is in same place as on "sketch". Basically what you get in the Mercedes is a nicer stereo. And posh service people.

Mercedes Kangoo spyshot

Last edited:
If they sell that in the UK instead of the Kangoo I'm going to kill someone.

The issue is because it has a Merc badge on it it'll sell very well here.

Nah, AMG's a little too staid for something like this. Let Brabus handle it. It needs a full dose of batshit Brabus magic.

It's a van, it looks nice even in orange. 'Nuff said

Well that looks hideous, the concept drawing looks great.

Nah, AMG's a little too staid for something like this. Let Brabus handle it. It needs a full dose of batshit Brabus magic.

Screw the V8, this should get the V12. Throw in a wide-body conversion kit, big AMG alloys and brakes, full-independent formula-car style suspension and a sequential box and I'll be the first one at the dealer.

Current Kangoo interio. Note hazard button is in same place as on "sketch". Basically what you get in the Mercedes is a nicer stereo. And posh service people.

I wonder if the Merc will get a pop-up GPS since that drawing seems to indicate there is no display pod like the Renault.

Last edited:
Screw the V8, this should get the V12. Throw in a wide-body conversion kit, big AMG alloys and brakes, full-independent formula-car style suspension and a sequential box and I'll be the first one at the dealer.

I wonder if the Merc will get a pop-up GPS since that drawing seems to indicate there is no display pod like the Renault.

This. The instrument panel looks pretty different...

I must say, having spent a fair amount of time in the current Kangoo, its actually quiet a nice and surprisingly refined for a commercial vehicle. It is, however, slow as hell :lol:

Dear Renault:

Your friend,

Chrysler

Hooooly shit, fucking win!