No announcement yet.

Daimler and Renault show their first partnership model: The Mercedes-Benz Citan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept: Daimler and Renault show their first partnership model: The Mercedes-Benz Citan

And yeah, it's just a Kangoo with the Merc badge on it.

Interior sounds pretty unique to the merc. I've liked the look of this gen kangoo so seeing the Mercedes model would be cool.

Also, dat orange ...
    "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Well, it's a small "dog catcher" transport. Generic as it gets. Does that mean an end to the Merc/VW van partnership (Sprinter/Crafter)?
      Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
      (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Dear Renault:

How's it going? So, I've heard you've hooked up with my ex. Look, I'm not trying to influence you about him or anything, it's just that...well, I didn't have the best time with him. Sure, it was great at first, and the tech transfers were, well, hot. But, after a bit, he got all creepy and stalkerish on me. Everything I did, I had to get his approval first. And when I mean everything, I mean everything. I couldn't even take a piss without calling Stuttgart first. You should have seen the long-distance bills.

And then came the weird stuff. He forced me to...well, he forced me to start making weird-looking cars that had zero performance. Have you seen the Dodge Caliber? After that one, I started taking showers, lots of hot, long showers, and I'd keep scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and nothing would come off and...

...sorry about that. So where was I going with this?

Oh, yeah, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Hey, on my own, I make weird-looking cars that have less performance than they look like they have. I'm French. It's what we do." That's sort of true. But it's a phase. All of us at some time in our lives have to put out a Vel Satis. But your new boyfriend...he doesn't do it on his own. He makes other people do it. Then when it doesn't work, he puts the blame off on someone else. Ask him about his little daughter Smart. Bet he hasn't told you about her, huh?

Seriously, Renault, get out. Get out as fast as you can. This guy is nothing but trouble. You think you can handle it, just like you did with that Romanian guy who wore cheap clothes and wouldn't take a bath (and great news about the number you did on him!). And don't worry about leaving. There's life after him. Just look at me. Yeah, I was bummed for a few years, but then I met this great Italian guy and, honestly, I've never been happier. Owns a Maserati and everything.

Your friend,

Chrysler
          It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

Originally posted by The Spie View Post
            Dear Renault:

How's it going? So, I've heard you've hooked up with my ex. Look, I'm not trying to influence you about him or anything, it's just that...well, I didn't have the best time with him. Sure, it was great at first, and the tech transfers were, well, hot. But, after a bit, he got all creepy and stalkerish on me. Everything I did, I had to get his approval first. And when I mean everything, I mean everything. I couldn't even take a piss without calling Stuttgart first. You should have seen the long-distance bills.

And then came the weird stuff. He forced me to...well, he forced me to start making weird-looking cars that had zero performance. Have you seen the Dodge Caliber? After that one, I started taking showers, lots of hot, long showers, and I'd keep scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and nothing would come off and...

Oh, yeah, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Hey, on my own, I make weird-looking cars that have less performance than they look like they have. I'm French. It's what we do." That's sort of true. But it's a phase. All of us at some time in our lives have to put out a Vel Satis. But your new boyfriend...he doesn't do it on his own. He makes other people do it. Then when it doesn't work, he puts the blame off on someone else. Ask him about his little daughter Smart. Bet he hasn't told you about her, huh?

Seriously, Renault, get out. Get out as fast as you can. This guy is nothing but trouble. You think you can handle it, just like you did with that Romanian guy who wore cheap clothes and wouldn't take a bath (and great news about the number you did on him!). And don't worry about leaving. There's life after him. Just look at me. Yeah, I was bummed for a few years, but then I met this great Italian guy and, honestly, I've never been happier. Owns a Maserati and everything.

Your friend,

Chrysler
            Well played!
            "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Comment

They needed to do design-school concept drawings just to put a Merc badge on a Kangoo?

Oh well, Mercedes have been missing out on the small van market. Merc vans are popular here, this has a good chance of taking a chunk of the market currently dominated by the Berlingo and VW Caddy here.

Comment

Originally posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
                Interior sounds pretty unique to the merc. I've liked the look of this gen kangoo so seeing the Mercedes model would be cool.

Also, dat orange ...
                I don't know, it looks pretty similar to the Renault interior.
                Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Current Kangoo interio. Note hazard button is in same place as on "sketch". Basically what you get in the Mercedes is a nicer stereo. And posh service people.

Mercedes Kangoo spyshot
                  Last edited by AiR; February 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

If they sell that in the UK instead of the Kangoo I'm going to kill someone.

The issue is because it has a Merc badge on it it'll sell very well here.
                    ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Where's the AMG?

Comment

Anyone else thinking RenaultSport/AMG crossover?
                        RWD with a V8 in the back (think clio v6)
                        Do it. You know it makes (no) sense.
                        Help greyhounds find their forever homes.
                        http://greyhoundadoptionswa.com.au/

See my fur babies here:
                        https://www.instagram.com/brynandrews/

Comment

Nah, AMG's a little too staid for something like this. Let Brabus handle it. It needs a full dose of batshit Brabus magic.
                          It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

It's a van, it looks nice even in orange. 'Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                              It's a van, it looks nice even in orange. 'Nuff said
                              You sure?

Comment

Well that looks hideous, the concept drawing looks great.

Comment

Nah, AMG's a little too staid for something like this. Let Brabus handle it. It needs a full dose of batshit Brabus magic.
                                  Screw the V8, this should get the V12. Throw in a wide-body conversion kit, big AMG alloys and brakes, full-independent formula-car style suspension and a sequential box and I'll be the first one at the dealer.

Originally posted by AiR View Post
                                  Current Kangoo interio. Note hazard button is in same place as on "sketch". Basically what you get in the Mercedes is a nicer stereo. And posh service people.
                                  I wonder if the Merc will get a pop-up GPS since that drawing seems to indicate there is no display pod like the Renault.
                                  Last edited by nsx_23; February 5th, 2012, 3:28 AM.
                                  Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Originally posted by nsx_23 View Post
                                    Screw the V8, this should get the V12. Throw in a wide-body conversion kit, big AMG alloys and brakes, full-independent formula-car style suspension and a sequential box and I'll be the first one at the dealer.

I wonder if the Merc will get a pop-up GPS since that drawing seems to indicate there is no display pod like the Renault.
                                    This. The instrument panel looks pretty different...

Comment

I must say, having spent a fair amount of time in the current Kangoo, its actually quiet a nice and surprisingly refined for a commercial vehicle. It is, however, slow as hell

Comment

Dear Renault:

Your friend,

Chrysler
                                        Hooooly shit, fucking win!
                                        Ex rotard

Comment

Working...
                                        X