X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News: BMW i8 Spyder leaked

The upcoming spyder version of the much anticipated BMW i8 Hybrid supercar:

http://www.************/2012/03/31/leaked-bmw-i8-spyder/

[IMG]http://www.************/wp-content/uploads/BMW_i8_Spyder_unik_02_800_600.jpg[/IMG]

Poorman's 918?

Comment

AWWWW YEAHHHH LOVING THAT SIDE EXHAUST. It better look as good in reality as on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pininfarina_ View Post
        AWWWW YEAHHHH LOVING THAT SIDE EXHAUST. It better look as good in reality as on paper.
        Note that was the Porsche 918 Spyder I posted. I just think this is another case of all the German brands going "MUST BUILD OUR OWN VERSIONS OF THE EXACT SAME CAR IN MINOR NICHE".

Comment

Originally posted by duckedtapedemon View Post

Poorman's 918?
          stop posting pics of the 918!!!!
          each time i come across one, i keep staring at it till eternity
          god, that a good looking car!!

Comment

The i8 spyder has been properly released now:

http://www.************/2012/03/31/wo...bmw-i8-spyder/

Comment

that's 219bhp, out of a 1.5l 3 cyl????
              and combined with the electric engine, that thing has 300bhp??
              i'm starting to like it

Comment

Well best one I have seen but - I still not like the idea of lugging around a spare engine all the time, damn silly idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pininfarina_ View Post
                  The production version won't have side exhausts.

Comment

A 220hp 1.5L inline3

Although I suspect it will need the extra low end torque from the electric engine just to get of the line with all that turbo lag that thing will have.

But what they should have done is forget all about this hybrid rubbish and join two of these engines together to make a 440hp 3.0L straight 6

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                      that's 219bhp, out of a 1.5l 3 cyl????
                      Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      A 220hp 1.5L inline3

Although I suspect it will need the extra low end torque from the electric engine just to get of the line with all that turbo lag that thing will have.

BMW is using a turbocharged three banger opposed to a naturally aspirated three banger like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	triumph-rocket-custom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	3425771
                      bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                      "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                      "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        A 220hp 1.5L inline3

i rather suspect that thing will rev the nuts out of itself

Comment

thats the most boring concept interior i have ever seen

I guess you just can't trust a German.

Comment

Hopefully because the concept is near production ready.

I want it, too bad for that money you can have a 458 or mp4-12c with change to spare. Honestly shouldn't this be in the R8 price range MSRP ~115k-150k range. Would I choose this over the new NSX or an R8?.. hmm... doubtful if I have to pay the 220k estimate we are hearing.
                            "STIG - it just says GITS, backwards!" Tiff
                            ::
                            Alonso>Kimi>Hamilton

Comment

Fancy some videos?

Comment

I have to say...I love love love how the windshield's glass does all the way under the hood like that. Don't know why, it just strikes my fancy.

Also, I dig that blue "swoosh" on the sides...if it can come in different colors, kinda like how you can choose from several "sideblade" color options on the R8.
                                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X