The F-type thread

Sounds great, would be even better if they offered it with a manual.

I like that rhombus shaped old Jaguar logo on the guy's shirt. Also the car is cool. But really that's the logo they ought to be using.

Do want with the Welsh 5 litre V8. Badly.

Do want with the Welsh 5 litre V8. Badly.

Said engine must have its concomitant supercharger as well. It ain't a Jaaaaaaag without that combo. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to have the powertrain from an XJ in a car about two-thirds the weight (or less) of an XJ?

Superchargers + Jaguar = Match made in heaven, especially now that you can drop the top and really hear that glorious noise.

Said engine must have its concomitant supercharger as well. It ain't a Jaaaaaaag without that combo. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to have the powertrain from an XJ in a car about two-thirds the weight (or less) of an XJ?
This makes no mention of the supercharger, but it's a start (and since a supercharged six is the likely base engine, they'll need to supercharge the eight, too)

Click here for source

Heard (and saw...) it from the grandstands today, sounded very good indeed... Though it was sadly overshadowed slightly by the rest of the machinery that went up the hill today, the New Zonda R Evo for instance or the Jaguar XJR-9... :)

Would be nice to see some footage of it going up the hill.

Here is some footage of it being tested without the voice overlay

Getting excited, should be pretty cool.

2012-06-29_1903.png

That's a Nissan 350Z front attached to an S2k body with the roof of a viper. I love renders :p

Here is some footage of it being tested without the voice overlay

Holy crap, that sounds good. Way better than I was expecting for a V6 song, especially when it's an engine where they just lop off two cylinders from the existing V8 rather than start from scratch. Way to go, Jaguar! :clap:

holymotherofgod.jpgx10000000000000000000000

That sounds properly good, looks properly good, so all Jag need to do now is price it right. And give one to me.

I'll give you a few gueses as to why I really want to work at JLR... :p

Thank you Jaguar, Top Gear and British/Columbian (it must be hard to post whilst leaping from tree to tree) :D :thumbsup:.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see this car with a manual transmission.

Edit: The V6 version, anyways.

Last edited: