Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The F-type thread

Top Gear: It's offical: welcome to the Jaguar F-Type

Thread: edmunds Inside Line: Jaguar C-X16 Concept Breaks Cover Ahead of 2011 Frankfurt Auto

https://f-type.jaguar.com/gl/en/
    Last edited by Mr. Nice; June 24th, 2012, 3:07 PM.

Sounds great, would be even better if they offered it with a manual.
    ||| 2015 F20 BMW 116d LCI (company car)
    ||| 1993 Mercedes-Benz W124 250D

Comment

I like that rhombus shaped old Jaguar logo on the guy's shirt. Also the car is cool. But really that's the logo they ought to be using.

Comment

Do want with the Welsh 5 litre V8. Badly.
        Originally posted by tigger
        The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by British/Columbian View Post
          Do want with the Welsh 5 litre V8. Badly.
          Said engine must have its concomitant supercharger as well. It ain't a Jaaaaaaag without that combo. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to have the powertrain from an XJ in a car about two-thirds the weight (or less) of an XJ?
          It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

Superchargers + Jaguar = Match made in heaven, especially now that you can drop the top and really hear that glorious noise.
            Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Brundle, is a terrible ad-man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spie View Post
                Said engine must have its concomitant supercharger as well. It ain't a Jaaaaaaag without that combo. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to have the powertrain from an XJ in a car about two-thirds the weight (or less) of an XJ?
                This makes no mention of the supercharger, but it's a start (and since a supercharged six is the likely base engine, they'll need to supercharge the eight, too)

Click here for source
                The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

via Jeremy Clarkson's fanclub facebook page.

Jaguar F-Type will debut at Goodwood

Last edited by Mr. Nice; June 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice View Post
                    Heard (and saw...) it from the grandstands today, sounded very good indeed... Though it was sadly overshadowed slightly by the rest of the machinery that went up the hill today, the New Zonda R Evo for instance or the Jaguar XJR-9...

Comment

Getting excited, should be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by marcos_eirik View Post
                        Heard (and saw...) it from the grandstands today, sounded very good indeed... Though it was sadly overshadowed slightly by the rest of the machinery that went up the hill today, the New Zonda R Evo for instance or the Jaguar XJR-9...
                        Would be nice to see some footage of it going up the hill.

Here is some footage of it being tested without the voice overlay

Comment

Originally posted by Mills View Post
                          Getting excited, should be pretty cool.

That's a Nissan 350Z front attached to an S2k body with the roof of a viper. I love renders

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                          "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                          John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice View Post
                            Here is some footage of it being tested without the voice overlay

Holy crap, that sounds good. Way better than I was expecting for a V6 song, especially when it's an engine where they just lop off two cylinders from the existing V8 rather than start from scratch. Way to go, Jaguar!

Comment

Comment

LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/e...ype-2012-07-10

New video of the car going up Goodwood. God, I didn't think a modern 6 cylinder could sound that good. I am so excited for this car.

Comment

holymotherofgod.jpgx10000000000000000000000

That sounds properly good, looks properly good, so all Jag need to do now is price it right. And give one to me.

I'll give you a few gueses as to why I really want to work at JLR...
                                    ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Snap crackle pop!
                                      "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                                      -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Thank you Jaguar, Top Gear and British/Columbian (it must be hard to post whilst leaping from tree to tree) .

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see this car with a manual transmission.

Edit: The V6 version, anyways.
                                        Last edited by Mr. Nice; July 10th, 2012, 9:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X