Land Rover 'investment blitz'

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Ambitious Land Rover plan 16 new models as part of ?10billion investment blitz to double its production
The new line up of cars was inadvertently leaked when it flashed up during a power-point display
Variations include a family of six luxury Range Rovers, five leisure Discovery and Freelander models, and five iterations of the utilitarian Defenders.
Land Rover is aiming to capture around 3 per cent of the global sports utility market by 2020

Land Rover is embarking on a major new model and investment blitz that could see production more than double to 600,000 vehicles by 2020.
It has a seven year plan that include a line-up of 16 different Land Rover variations including a family of six luxury Range Rovers, five leisure Discovery and Freelander models, and five iterations of the utilitarian Defenders.
Ambitious Land Rover is aiming to capture around 3 per cent of the global sports utility market which experts predict will reach 22 million by 2020.
The investment is a key part of ?10billion investment planned by Jaguar land Rover over the next five years.
It means big expansion at the firm?s Solihull plant near Birmingham which builds the Range Rover, Discovery and Defender models, and particularly at its Halewood factory on Merseyside which builds the Range Rover Evoque and Freelander models.
Expansion is also planned in China and India.
The firm inadvertently leaked the extent of its proposed 16-car line up when its design director Gerry McGovern flashed up a slide showing silhouettes of the proposed vehicles on a power-point display during a briefing on its new Range Rover which goes on sale in the New Year.
New variants of the next generation of five and seven-seat Defender include a ?crew cab? pick-up truck.
A soft-top version of the Evoque ?baby? Range Rover is in the pipeline, as well as an even smaller Evoque.
A new flagship luxury Discovery is also touted, as well as a ?baby? Freelander.

article-2229044-15E21C92000005DC-266_964x1146.jpg

article-2229044-15E2E890000005DC-160_964x517.jpg

article-2229044-15E21D4F000005DC-387_964x525.jpg

This is an Autocar/Daily Mail story. So make of that what you will.

Autocar

I really, really hope Defender #4 is real and that awful modern thing will be sold side by side with the current one.
Doubtful, isn't the old one going out because they just can't keep it legal with new regulations?

Doubtful, isn't the old one going out because they just can't keep it legal with new regulations?

It will be eventually, but they keep pushing it back. Currently it'll finish being produced in 2017. The chances are production will move to India before then.

I hope the new Defender is priced to compete with the Wrangler and Xterra, and doesn't become a rich toy.

When the hell did JLR hire Dany Bahar?

They already had Dany Bahar and Swizz Beatz in one person: Victoria Beckham.

Yep. Until it becomes too costly to refurbish the machinery they'll keep cranking them out for whatever market that will still buy them.

So the Blitz is coming to Coventry again? Good work, D-Fence, good work.

So the Blitz is coming to Coventry again? Good work, D-Fence, good work.

Unbelievable lol :lmao:

But yeah - people still exist that ask why JLR is at the top of my 'want to work for' list.

I actually like the DC100, or that style... I think it looks modern, utilitarian, and has enough hints of the Defender in it to replace it. If they can make it reliable, relatively simple, and cheap(ish) I think it will sell rather well here...