Land Rover 'investment blitz'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Rover 'investment blitz'

The new line up of cars was inadvertently leaked when it flashed up during a power-point display
    Variations include a family of six luxury Range Rovers, five leisure Discovery and Freelander models, and five iterations of the utilitarian Defenders.
    Land Rover is aiming to capture around 3 per cent of the global sports utility market by 2020

This is an Autocar/Daily Mail story. So make of that what you will.

Autocar

My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
    My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

I really, really hope Defender #4 is real and that awful modern thing will be sold side by side with the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
        I really, really hope Defender #4 is real and that awful modern thing will be sold side by side with the current one.
        Doubtful, isn't the old one going out because they just can't keep it legal with new regulations?

Comment

Originally posted by captain_70s View Post
          Doubtful, isn't the old one going out because they just can't keep it legal with new regulations?
          It will be eventually, but they keep pushing it back. Currently it'll finish being produced in 2017. The chances are production will move to India before then.

Comment

I hope the new Defender is priced to compete with the Wrangler and Xterra, and doesn't become a rich toy.
            bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
            "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
            "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

When the hell did JLR hire Dany Bahar?
              Originally posted by tigger
              The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

They already had Dany Bahar and Swizz Beatz in one person: Victoria Beckham.
                "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by captain_70s View Post
                  It'll still be legal somewhere. Just like Toyota still makes the J70 Land Cruiser to sell to places like Africa and the Middle East.
                  "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

Yep. Until it becomes too costly to refurbish the machinery they'll keep cranking them out for whatever market that will still buy them.
                    bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                    "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                    "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

So the Blitz is coming to Coventry again? Good work, D-Fence, good work.
                      Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                      (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
                        So the Blitz is coming to Coventry again? Good work, D-Fence, good work.
                        Unbelievable lol

But yeah - people still exist that ask why JLR is at the top of my 'want to work for' list.
                        ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

I actually like the DC100, or that style... I think it looks modern, utilitarian, and has enough hints of the Defender in it to replace it. If they can make it reliable, relatively simple, and cheap(ish) I think it will sell rather well here...

Comment

Working...
                          X