Unveiled: 2013 Skoda Octavia

Oh c'mon Narf, we all know you put an order in for one as soon as news broke. :p

:no:

With the low distance I drive, the biggest cost is depreciation. Buying a new car every three years would be silly - especially when there isn't a thing wrong with my car as it is... except for a tiny almost invisible dent in the front plastic bumper, but I got paid handsomely for that by the other guy's insurance for backing up his trailer hitch into my bumper.
That low distance is subject to change due to work of course, but usually only downwards change. Any long distances are by plane or train, and medium distances by company A6 or rental.

Besides, with any complicated product you may not want to be buying the first batch.

Last edited:
RdA9E.jpg

RBOic.jpg

01_50ebee21393f2.jpg

01_50ec1f0563391.jpg
353621_gallery1_1lxe4.jpg
nnuCS.jpg
yob55.jpg
i4LPE.jpg
Ebv4b.jpg
N5uaM.jpg

I think it's going to be Narf's favorit car.

I think it looks superb.

Ha! That's a funny because, did you know that "Superb" is the name of a different Skoda car? Or were you confused? This isn't the Superb. It's the Octavia. It's a different car.

I agree. It looks Fabia.

You must be from French-Canada...congrats on learning english! FYI, the word in english is "fabulous." Good luck on your english! You've got a great start!

I just hope it's Rapid.

I do, too! "ZZZOOOOOOMMM" it goes, I'll bet!

Nah guys, it looks Felecia!

You're not funny. Why would you want a car that's been ridden so hard, with so many miles on it..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felecia

Last edited:
This is definitely my Favorit Skoda.

What's this?
Ice scraper and magnifying glass ...

- - - Updated - - -

"Hello, this is our new 5 seating vehicle, and didn?t you always think it was annoying that the floorboard you lift up when accessing the spare tire would always fall down back onto you? Well, worry no more..."

Not the sort of sales pitch I think would work ... but Skodas PR-department is determend to brand the Octavia as "smart" (I?m not saying it isn?t, so chill Narf :p)so I guess this is what they will be going with "Skoda - we thought about soludtions to Problems you?re almost never going to encounter" ...

I guess I?m not OCD enough to really get excited about stuff like having a compartment under the seat for the high vis-vest ...

Last edited:
1.) Suddenly for a second I see public :p
2.) I wont even start counting the times I will confuse the rearend with an Audi
3.) Front seems ok, not bad looking, a tad generic but thats a widespread problem nowadays
4.) The interior looks really nice in parts, then again others suddenly look like from the first gen.

Details on #4 that strike me as ... wrong:
- this cupholder-thing (holding the phone) looks just bad and ebay-cheap
- die doorhandles look so cheap, it strikes me as worse as in my 1st gen 1-series, and those were cheap
- the media interface looks placed like some retrofitted aftermarket-stuff
- either they massively abused this press-car or the plastic of the (rear)center console is not even durable/resistant when it comes to scratches
But most stuff above the hip looks much better. Considering they intend to place that generation higher in terms of class and quality, those blatant details are not a great start.

But again, as all the other generations, this one will too be great value for the money. No doubt in that.

Holding up the trunk floor is something smart and new? My '97 A4 had that already.

Considering they intend to place that generation higher in terms of class and quality, those blatant details are not a great start.

Do they? It's larger, yes - but it's deliberately not a step up in terms of class and quality from the previous generation to keep VW and Audi happy.