• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Camera Tickets Stationary Car

Video at link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6559038.story

City issued speed camera ticket to motionless car
    Owner calls it "shockingly obvious" his car was not moving

Well, that takes away some of the credibility of speeding tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by maxtortheone View Post
      Well, that takes away some of the credibility of speeding tickets.
      They had that?
      "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

Speed Camera Tickets Stationary Car

Apparently the Maryland cameras (not just this one) have at least two prior incidents of doing this sort of thing that they know of. And remember, a sworn officer supposedly signed off on each of these tickets as having seen the footage and agreed that the ticket was valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
          Apparently the Maryland cameras (not just this one) have at least two prior incidents of doing this sort of thing that they know of. And remember, a sworn officer supposedly signed off on each of these tickets as having seen the footage and agreed that the ticket was valid.
          WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

As if one needed more reasons to avoid Baltimore...
            "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

Over in the random thoughts thread I posted an article about a Maryland politician who wants the contractors to pay high fines for just this sort of stupidity.
              "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If you go to court for any driving offense and are found not guilty, the state should have to pay YOU. How is it fair that if I lose, i have to pay the state, but if I win, I get to just pay no fine and am out the time I should be at work. No accountability leads to rampant ticket abuse.
                1989 Mitsu Mirage Turbo Hatch, 4G63T swap and more goodies to make it a low 12 sec car.
                Better to own a Volvo, than be owned by one.

Comment

Originally posted by C53A_4G63T View Post
                  If you go to court for any driving offense and are found not guilty, the state should have to pay YOU. How is it fair that if I lose, i have to pay the state, but if I win, I get to just pay no fine and am out the time I should be at work. No accountability leads to rampant ticket abuse.
                  "Innocent until proven guilty" apparently doesn't apply to traffic offenses.

Top Gear
                  [18x04]...I was there!

"You shouldn't drive crappy cars, and you shouldn't drink crappy beer." - Eric Tingwall - Automobile Magazine

Comment

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine with a red light camera. There were pics of his car stopped at the light (same position in both pics and brakes lights on) and video of him sitting stopped at the light. The video did show another car roll through the light in the right turn lane though. Took him a couple of months to get that tickets sorted out;.
                    <insert witty saying here>

Comment

In the case I would sue for a program wide injuntions stoping all tickets produced with equimpent by that company nationwide until they can prove what went wrong and that it has been fixed, rereview of all tickets given by the officer in question, and the police officer in question in jail for purgery.

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
                        PERFECT!
                        "I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said, ‘Got any shoes you're not using?’

Comment

Der Stig was up here this past weekend and he got to see the neighborhood red light camera that cheerfully photographs an empty intersection whilst blinding oncoming traffic in action. I wonder which of the cars sitting at the light got the ticket.

Comment

Campbell and 75 does it all the time

Comment

Working...
                            X