captur16000015.jpg
captur16000014.jpg
captur16000013.jpg
captur16000012.jpg
captur16000003.jpg
captur16000004.jpg
captur16000005.jpg

:cool:

They did this years ago and called it the Megane RX4.

car-megane-rx4.jpg

I didn't want that and I don't want this either. :barf:

Back when I was a kid, the European car world was simple, you had city cars in the A segment, slightly larger often hatchback style cars in the B segment, family sedans in the C segment, and luxury cars in D, then you had easy to define things like convertibles, 4x4's, pick-ups, vans, sportscars and later on mpv's......I miss those days.

Last edited:
Back when I was a kid, the European car world was simple, you had city cars in the A segment, slightly larger often hatchback style cars in the B segment, family sedans in the C segment, and luxury cars in D, then you had easy to define things like convertibles, 4x4's, pick-ups, vans, sportscars and later on mpv's......I miss those days.

To be fair those segments are still there, you just have one additional one: Redundant crap. :p

Problem is that there are more segments than ever, but the cars are hardly different from each other. Same components, even across brands, same engines, etc. Often it's just appearance and that's what annoys me most of all.

I say we drop the charade and make cars with a crow's nest for the driver, since the only reason you'd buy one of these lifted hatches crossovers is the high driving position.

They did this years ago and called it the Megane RX4.

car-megane-rx4.jpg

I didn't want that and I don't want this either. :barf:

I duuno, you see them occasionally and you do wonder why they bought it? But I respect crazy people.

I'm sorry, but a Panda with a ragtop is so much less offensive, disgusting and retarded than a lifted piece of french garbage. Talking about both of these Renaults. They make me wanna vomit.

Renault can and do make a proper car (RS department, nice commercial vehicles, a hatch here and there). But this is just horrid.

Memo to Renault: no one will think you're cool because you put a Range Rover Evoque and a MINI Coupe into a blender and poured out this sludge. Leave this kind of stuff to Citroen and remember your role in the family. You're the older brother who went to accountancy school and became a CPA. He's the art student who's blind drunk most of the time. When you try to look cool, it looks a little bit desperate.

(In this analogy, the Avantime was the ass tattoo Renault got when it went to a rave one night and got blitzed on E. Then it got all embarrassed about it and had some laser work done. But not before pictures were taken.)

I duuno, you see them occasionally and you do wonder why they bought it?

Middle class, middle aged dads who wanted a proper 4x4 but their wives would not let them.

I know several people with one of them and they all seem to think it's as off-road capable as a baja truck, as powerful as a pick-up, as versatile as an espace, and as cool as a supercar :p

Inevitably at some point they realize it's just a hamster engined tiny French mpv with some plastic glued on, and you have to go bail them out.

Last edited:
Re: 2013 Renault Captur

As a car enthusiast I should hate this thing.

I think it looks good....fuck you orange....!