Concept: VW Crossblue Concept

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
VW-CrossBlue-Concept_1%252520%2525282%252529%25255B3%25255D%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept_2-%2525282%252529%25255B5%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept_2%252520%2525282%252529%25255B3%25255D%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept_2-%2525282%252529%25255B1%25255D%25255B1%25255D%25255B3%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept_2-%2525283%252529%25255B5%25255D.jpg

db2012au01464_large%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-17%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-19%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-20%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-21%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-22%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-12%25255B2%25255D.jpg

VW-CrossBlue-Concept-24%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg
VW-CrossBlue-Concept-11%25255B2%25255D.jpg

:cool:

Oh, yeah, that's what I want, a six-seat plug-in hybrid that looks like a Dodge Avenger with a hard-on and will end up being built by hillbillies or Mexicans.

Why can't they just give us Skodas?

Drop the hybrid shit and put in a 3.0 TDI six from an Audi and this will be a great car.

They'll never produce every one of these with the through the road hybrid system...this is more of a proof of concept than anything. Maybe they'll have a hybrid trim like Jetta, but I'm sure they'll offer TDI and 3.6 petrol models. They have to to compete price wise with Explorer, Highlander, GM Lambdas, etc.

In other words, buy a Touareg 3.0TDI.

You can't seat 7 in a Touareg. That and the Touareg ain't cheap, it competes with luxury crossovers and CUV's. This will likely be significantly less expensive.

Oh, yeah, that's what I want, a six-seat plug-in hybrid that looks like a Dodge Avenger with a hard-on and will end up being built by hillbillies or Mexicans.

Why can't they just give us Skodas?

:lmao: I was going to say that they don't make a 7 seat Skoda...but they could rebadge a Sharan, stretch the wheelbase and call it a day:

You can't seat 7 in a Touareg. That and the Touareg ain't cheap, it competes with luxury crossovers and CUV's. This will likely be significantly less expensive.

:lmao: I was going to say that they don't make a 7 seat Skoda...but they could rebadge a Sharan, stretch the wheelbase and call it a day:

Who gives a toss about seating seven in a car that really shouldn't? :dunno:

How would this be less expensive with a more complicated drivetrain? :blink:

As for a "Skoda Sharan", you'd need a massive stretch. While it technically is possible to seat seven in a VW Sharan, you don't want to. With the third row up it might even lose to my sister's Fabia in terms of boot space. If you have many people (children, likely) to carry you tend to have stuff to carry as well (strollers and whatnot). What you want to seat many and carry loads is a VW Multivan.

Of course, you can drop the third front row seat to get eight, or drop the second row in favour of two single seats to get seven and the traditional walkway from front to back. The boot still is ginormous regardless of what you do with the seats.

Last edited:
Re: VW Crossblue Concept

Who gives a toss about seating seven in a car that really shouldn't? :dunno:

Vain parents who wouldn't be caught dead admitting they need something practical.

The VW Routan failed for several reasons: Poor/non-existant marketing, current VW (particularly EuroVan owners) owner alienation because they saw through the rebadge and refused to buy a mere Chrysler van with a nicer interior and better suspension, and the fact that one could get the Chrysler for less with unique features like Stow N Go.

The fact that it launched in the middle of the recession didn't help...those who could afford a new people mover were willing to pay a premium for "anything but a minivan." The practical minded who would go toward a minivan bought used instead.

If this is sized right, with good interior packaging, it could hold 7 adults + a decent amount of cargo w/out being a huge boat. See Taurus X/Flex or the GM Lambda (outlook/traverse/acadia/enclave) family.

How would this be less expensive with a more complicated drivetrain? :blink:

If they launch this crossover with only the diesel-hybrid...they're hosed. There's no way that will happen...it wouldn't be able to compete price wise.

Lower priced models with other powertrains will be available...if not they might as well give up now.

As for a "Skoda Sharan", you'd need a massive stretch. While it technically
is possible to seat seven in a VW Sharan, you don't want to. With the third row up it might even lose to my sister's Fabia in terms of boot space. If you have many people (children, likely) to carry you tend to have stuff to carry as well (strollers and whatnot). What you want to seat many and carry loads is a VW Multivan.

Of course, you can drop the third front row seat to get eight, or drop the second row in favour of two single seats to get seven and the traditional walkway from front to back. The boot still is ginormous regardless of what you do with the seats.

Oh believe me, I'm a Multivan fan and even the last gen gave the extended length Chrysler's a run for the money when it came to sheer space. It won't play well here in todays market though. Honda changed the game with the 95 Odyssey (although it took the 2nd gen in 99 for it to catch on here): if you don't have a foldaway third row...you may as well go home.

Yes, the traditional third row is more comfortable but the convience of being able to create space at a moment's notice cannot be ignored.

That's why I thought a stretched Sharan would be a better idea here.

That Multivan loaded as it is in the picture looks like it has absolutely 0 legroom, but take out the whole second row (if you can, idk) and you'll have legroom for daaaaaaaaaays.

That Multivan loaded as it is in the picture looks like it has absolutely 0 legroom, but take out the whole second row (if you can, idk) and you'll have legroom for daaaaaaaaaays.

On the current multivan, each rear row is attached to the floor not in fixed positions, but on rails. Not only can you remove the rows but you can slide them in a huge range of adjustment.

I'm with narf on this one. Who wants to sit in the rear crumble zone? That's why I hate all these stupid MPVs with the fold up seats in the boot.

The best solution to more than 5 people is still two rows, three abreast a la Multipla of Honda FR-V.

If they launch this crossover with only the diesel-hybrid...they're hosed. There's no way that will happen...it wouldn't be able to compete price wise.

Lower priced models with other powertrains will be available...if not they might as well give up now.

Okay, let's ignore the drivetrain. Why should it be cheaper than a Touareg when it is massively larger than a Touareg?

Oh believe me, I'm a Multivan fan and even the last gen gave the extended length Chrysler's a run for the money when it came to sheer space. It won't play well here in todays market though. Honda changed the game with the 95 Odyssey (although it took the 2nd gen in 99 for it to catch on here): if you don't have a foldaway third row...you may as well go home.

Yes, the traditional third row is more comfortable but the convience of being able to create space at a moment's notice cannot be ignored.

That's why I thought a stretched Sharan would be a better idea here.

If you've ever been inside the boot of a Multivan you'd know there is no need to create space at a moment's notice.

Besides, those fold-away seats occupy space (and weight) in either position. With the Multivan you can take out all the rear seats if you like, to have all the space ... ... ... in the world :jeremy:

The middle space isn't legroom, it's cargo space when you have no extra seats in.
When I was younger my parents had Multivans and Transporters, off the top of my head I recall three different ones with the last one surviving in their hands from 1995 to 2005ish, built 1990 - one of the last rear-engine rear-drive models :nod:
We usually had five-seaters, two in front and the rear bench. The last one had an optional sixth seat rear-facing behind the driver with four bolts. Without that in, you could put two bikes in the middle and leave room for people on the rear bench. Have a large baby carriage? Drive it right in, no need to fold or disassemble anything. No need to lift it up high either, the step is similarly low as other steps you encounter anywhere. If it's raining, you open a sliding door, drive the carriage inside, hop in, close the door. Then start the tedious business of unpacking the baby and strapping it in the child's seat without getting wetter than necessary. No need to get out into the rain again either, you can just walk from the back to the front on the inside.

Modern ones can look quite brilliant, but are amazingly expensive.

You can spot the rails rick mentioned, easy to make some space ad-hoc by just sliding everything together if nobody's sitting in the back. For more space, all the parts come out fairly easily.

Okay, let's ignore the drivetrain. Why should it be cheaper than a Touareg when it is massively larger than a Touareg?

Cheaper platform for one. This'll be based on the us/Canada passat. Expect interior trimmings that are more Ford Explorer than Touareg. (Read: good not "zomg decadant" materials)

If you've ever been inside the boot of a Multivan you'd know there is no need to create space at a moment's notice.

Besides, those fold-away seats occupy space (and weight) in either position. With the Multivan you can take out all the rear seats if you like, to have all the space ... ... ... in the world :jeremy:

The thing is...you can't be as spotanious...you need to think about removing the seats in advance. Sure you can fold, tumble forward, and slide the seats in a pinch but you cannot get Max space in a instant.

Last edited:
The thing is...you can't be as spotanious...you need to think about removing the seats in advance. Sure you can fold, tumble forward, and slide the seats in a pinch but you cannot get Max space in a instant.

A Sharan with all back seats folded down gives you less space than a Multivan with the seats slided together - which can be done spontaneously. If you need even more space, you're fucked in a Sharan while the Multivan gives you the additional option of fully removing the rear seats, for mahoosive space.

Two respected posters here, having a Retard Fight over the rearrangeable seating in a minivan.

I'd like to believe that this is about as low as gearheads could get, but then I remembered that there is such a place as Pistonheads.

Two respected posters here, having a Retard Fight over the rearrangeable seating in a minivan.

I'd like to believe that this is about as low as gearheads could get, but then I remembered that there is such a place as Pistonheads.

At least they're not arguing over fox-body mustang suspension options or worse, civic spoiler mounting procedures.

A Multivan is no minivan :shakefist:

:p

Pffrt, this could seat as many people and move as much cargo as the plot required, could jump broken bridges, outrun cop cars, AND looked good doing it, try that in a silly little VW van :p

ateamold.jpg

Last edited: