News: The Jason Castriota-Designed 2013 Saab 9-3 Series that Never Was

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
Leaked Images Show the Jason Castriota-Designed 2013 Saab 9-3 Series that Never Was

2014-Saab-9-3-1_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

2014-Saab-9-3-2_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

2014-Saab-9-3-3_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Looks much more like the NG900 in shape - but I'm not sure if that would have worked with the design language they had going with the great 9-5. Ho hum.

Eurgh, that doesn't work either as nostalgia or on its own merits.

No not good at all. The back needs to be cut much more severely to not look like a humpback and model the rear of the 1999 to 2002 9-3 four door hatches.

Would have to see the vert with the top up to have an opinion on it.

I know some fans may be upset about this, but I've been thinking about Saab lately. Apart from the 99 and the 9000 (and that's stretching it), have they made any other cars in terms of design? The 900 and 9-3 were just evolutions of the 99. The 9000 was then "updated" to the 9-5. But for more than 30 years, I don't think Saab made anything new, meaning drastically different.
(No, the 9-2, 9-4x and 9-7 don't count. They are not Saabs)

Last edited:
First one has a sort of classic 900 feel. I'd rock that.

It looks kinda Cayenne-ish, and the beltline is pretty darn high. Still doesn't sit right with me. Oh well, never gonna happen.

Looks like a progression of the 4-door 900. I like it.

That's one Saab I'm glad is gonna stay dead.

There's a bit of Audi A7 going on there. If they put some more work into the proportions I'm sure it would look great and surely not as dull as your average A4 or what have you.

It just looks like it's trying way too hard. The impression I get from it is, "I want to be a Holden Commodore when I grow up."

It's low res but it doesnt look like a very convincing design. Altough poor Jason was probably caught out by the severity of the financial constraints, by then money was running through their fingers like sand as we know now. Maybe trying to re-use existing tools and components made it look like a shrunken 9-5 with a spoiler. Would be fun if the guy sitting on the high res originals were to release them, it's not like anyone will mind. It's no GM, no NEVS, just dead Saab.

I found some sharper photos via the interwebs.
2w73f2f.jpg

2lly1rc.jpg

35irggh.jpg