From class to crass: the Jaguar XKR-S GT

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/new-york/2013/2014-jaguar-xkr-s-gt-gets-174895-price-tag.html
2014_jaguar_xkr-sgt_f34_13-ny-as_325131_717.jpg

Edmunds said:
: 2013 New York Auto Show

Just the Facts:
The 2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT, a track-ready and street-legal version of the Jaguar XK Coupe, starts at $174,895.
The XKR-S GT debuts at the 2013 New York Auto Show.
Jaguar Land Rover said just 30 XKR-S GTs are allocated for North America.

Ugh. It's as absurd as Benedict Cumberbatch putting out a rap video.

Like the Mitsubishi Eclipse it resembles, they just keep tacking more and more rice onto it...

No matter what they do to it, those headlights still make it look sad. Every time I see one I think it looks like it is about to cry.

Come on Jaguar, pull your finger out and stop releasing these special versions, find the next Tom Walkinshaw and just give us a proper racing car that actually goes out there and wins races, not the shambles that the Rocketsports car was in the ALMS.

Come on Jaguar, pull your finger out and stop releasing these special versions, find the next Tom Walkinshaw and just give us a proper racing car that actually goes out there and wins races, not the shambles that the Rocketsports car was in the ALMS.

They won't. They're trying to become a lifestyle accessory.

As much as I love Jaguar, there isn't a single thing they make right now that I would want to buy - and that's how a lot of Jaguar fans are right now.

Also, as a minor point of history - Tom Walkinshaw found Jaguar, not the other way around, and Bob Tullius was inherited from the BL USA racing program.

Last edited:
Also, as a minor point of history - Tom Walkinshaw found Jaguar, not the other way around, and Bob Tullius was inherited from the BL USA racing program.

I was just saying they need someone like TWR was in the 1980s if they were really to succeed on a motorsport level, but if they aren't actually interested in that... good riddance. They're still trying to dine off the 1950s and 1980s, while Aston Martin have five, count them, FIVE factory cars in GT at Le Mans this year.

I love all the modern Jags, minus the -S and now this version of the otherwise gorgeous XK.

This is embarrassing.

No matter what they do to it, those headlights still make it look sad. Every time I see one I think it looks like it is about to cry.

Great, now I want to buy one just because I feel sorry for the poor kitty. :(

How low will Tata drag Jaguar?

Tata have been in the round the best thing that could have happened to Jaguar. OK this is a miss, but the XF is not.

The XF has been around since the days of Ford ownership. Although, I can't say I disagree with you about Tata being overall good for Jaguar. At least we finally get the F type.

Soon at a dealership near you, the all new and totally needed XKR-S GT-V Track Spec RR-SSSupercharged Speed - Commonwealth Special Edition HD - N?rburgring Nordschleife Super Special

Comes with an actual jaguar in its boot.

Total production run: 1
Already sold. To the pope.

Last edited:
Jaguar XKR Cheshire Edition?

Tata have been in the round the best thing that could have happened to Jaguar. OK this is a miss, but the XF is not.

The XF which nobody is buying? Jaguar sold less than 15,000 cars in the US last year. They actually sold slightly more in the UK, and that's not good.

The XF is a truly great car from an engineering perspective - but bordering on bland. The XK... without the bling - is a pure, traditional GT. Nowt wrong with that...