The worlds fastest convertible

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/289012/bugatti_veyron_vitesse_worlds_fastest_roadster.html

The Bugatti Veyron Vitesse is officially the fastest roadster in the world. The 1184bhp, open-top Grand Sport hit 408.84kph ? or 254.04mph ? at VW?s 12-mile bowl at Ehra-Lessien in Germany. The convertible is sold with a claimed 255mph top speed, and the German TUV organisation was there to officially verify the Vitesse can top 250mph uncovered.

Behind the Vitesse?s wheel was Chinese racing driver Anthony Liu, a 29-year-old who praised the Veyron?s comfort and stability at record-breaking speeds.

Bugatti?s Veyron Vitesse World Record Car will take pride of place on its 2013 Shanghai motor show stand, complete with a silver-penned scrawl on its kick plate celebrating its success.

The Vitesse wore a black and orange two-tone colour scheme. And those who feel their Veyron collection is too small can spend 1.99 million euros plus tax (around ?2.1million) on a replica. Just eight Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse World Record Car Editions will be made, making it one of the model?s scarcer specials. And certainly the one with the longest name?

The Vitesse?s record takes some of the attention away from the 267.8mph Veyron Super Sport, which has been dropped of its Guinness World Record for fastest production car owing to models sold to the public being limited to 258mph. US rival Hennessey is looking to take advantage, its 1244bhp Venom GT topping 265mph last week and aiming for more than 275mph.

bugatti-veyron-grand-sport-vitesse-world-record-car_100424723_l.jpg

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse World Record Car Edition

Best convertible ever...

$2.6m. Oh if I had money to burn...

This record will be rendered null in about 3 years once John Hennessey cries foul :p

I love this thing, even though it's a creation of VAG, even though it's expensive as fuck...it's just glorious.

No other company but VAG could have created it.

I don't think other hypercar manufacturers like Ferrari, Pagani, Koenigsegg, McLaren, etc., would be interested in creating a two ton +400 km/h car even if they could...

I'd rather have a slower in straight line 1200 kg Pagani than a 2000 kg Bugatti.

If I were roadtripping, I'd most certainly take the Bugatti over anything. If I just wanted to make a spectacle and go fast, other cars would work better.

I do insist though that the sound of a Veyron is like nothing else. Even at 15mph, that engine is like distant thunder. I can only imagine what it sounds like flat out.

If I were roadtripping, I'd most certainly take the Bugatti over anything. If I just wanted to make a spectacle and go fast, other cars would work better.

You better make it a short roadtrip or go alone :mrgreen:

2010-bugatti-veyron-cargo-room.jpg

Other hypercars are more practical in that respect :mrgreen:

Huayra_Luggage_pagani-huayra_1000.jpg

Packing light is no problem for me. I also wouldn't necessarily call saddle bags in the engine bay as "practical".

Isn't this technically a targa and not a convertible?

You better make it a short roadtrip or go alone :mrgreen:

2010-bugatti-veyron-cargo-room.jpg

Other hypercars are more practical in that respect :mrgreen:

Huayra_Luggage_pagani-huayra_1000.jpg

Until your luggage starts to distort from soaking in all that engine heat :lol:

The GT40 Mk. III had that problem as well, but would that stop me from owning one? No.

Now that I think of it, I'd much rather have a GT40 Mk. III than a Veyron. What's not to love about a car that's sexy as hell AND can roast you a steak in its trunk on a long enough road trip?

I always considered a convertible any car which can be converted from having a roof to not having one. Subtypes being soft-top, hard-top, targa, but whether it's manual or automatic doesn't make any difference.