Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyundai UK "suicide" commercial. Oh dear...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai UK "suicide" commercial. Oh dear...

The ad has, rather unsurprisingly, been pulled. And Hyundai is apparently denying its involvement in its creation or approval.

Source: Car and Driver
    Originally posted by tigger
    The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

It's too bad Clarkson's Scirroco commercial wasn't real, then this wouldn't make as much of a dent in the news.

Comment

I agree that the ad is in poor taste, but how about a little less hyperbole and a little more research for your articles? This isn't the first "our car's exhaust is so clean you can't kill yourself with it" commercial:

"It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

That's not an Audi commercial.
        Octavia
        Fabia
        Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
          That's not an Audi commercial.
          In the same sense that it wasn't an authorized Hyundai commercial, either, or that it was a parody of some sort?
          "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

Originally posted by chaos386 View Post
            In the same sense that it wasn't an authorized Hyundai commercial, either, or that it was a parody of some sort?
            As per the quoted article, the hydrogen-ad company is somehow affiliated with Hyundai, exploring reactions to the ad for Hyundai possibly. As far as I can remember the Audi ad was just a random film maker showing off his "talent", with no ties to Audi.
            Octavia
            Fabia
            Beetle

Comment

I somehow think associating your product with suicide is a bad marketing move.

"My Hyundai is so terrible, I want to kill myself!" isn't exactly the best testimonial. What a stupid idea.

[ speramus meliora; resurget cineribus]

Comment

"My Hyundai is so bad at everything...it can't even kill me correctly."
                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Oh come ON. Why is everyone so touchy? I think it's an excellent ad. No gore, nothing disturbing, he just sits there with that pipe. And then goes "fuck this shit guys, imma go to bed". Much better then most PR rubbish car companys churn out.

Comment

I think this "ad" is appalling.

It will mean more suicidal people will be throwing themselves under trains and off motorway bridges causing untold misery for thousands of commuters.

:hellbus:
                    WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

he was just moisturising his skin!
                      that was the first thing that came into my mind, waiting for the punchline.
                      I've got poor skin in dry/cold weather and air moisturiser helps a bit.
                      Last edited by Thanatos; May 1st, 2013, 1:43 PM.

Comment

I guess dark comedy is dying...
                        Ex rotard

Comment

Working...
                        X