GM recalling 193,652 SUVs for fire risk

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Apparently GM has been taking lessons from Mitsubishi.

General Motors is recalling more than 193,652 SUVs from the 2006 and 2007 model years because a circuit board in the driver's door could short and cause a fire.

The vehicles involved are the Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Ruick Rainier, Saab 9-7x and Isuzu Ascender from the 2006 and 2007 model years. The 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL are also included.

GM says owners should park the vehicles outside until they're repaired.

GM says the defect is caused when water gets into the driver's side door and corrodes a circuit board. If it shorts out, the power door and window switches may stop working. It could also cause overheating, which can lead to smoke or fire.

GM is notifying owners. Dealers will repair the vehicles for free.

So, yeah, fire spewing out of the door panel.

You're just pissed because these are 06-07 models and thus can't be blamed on Government Motors, Obama, or greedy unions.

You're just pissed because these are 06-07 models and thus can't be blamed on Government Motors, Obama, or greedy unions.

Um, they were still made by the UAW.

Also, you're just bitter because the Dart, your dream car, has plummeting reliability ratings.

Last edited:
Why do I get the distinct feeling a certain F-series owning Texan is smiling broadly at this? :D

Has there been any cases of this actually happening? Sounds like a 1 in a billion chance that the general is being preemptive about.

Um, they were still made by the UAW.

Who are a bunch of good people and not out to destroy the Fabric of America.

Also, you're just bitter because the Dart, your dream car, has plummeting reliability ratings.

Multiple responses here:

1) My dream car is a Koenigsegg Agera R. My "I'll try to find the money any way possible car" is an F-Type. My "let's be realistic, this is my next car" is a Dart SRT-4. Note that I specifically said the SRT-4, knowing that it won't be out for at least another year and a half to two years, by which time the bugs will be worked out.

2) Italian innards plus Belvidere drunks and meth heads. Is anyone surprised?