Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
Source: Car and Driver, but actually Jalopnik and I'm too damned lazy to get it

2015-Ford-Mustang-rendering-626x382.jpg

I bloody hope not. It looks like a Honda Accord.

Holy ground clearance Batman. That render feels a bit odd. The wheels look huge, but if you shrink them down and lower the ride height a bit, the proportions would be a bit off.

It's probably not too far off. We know Ford loves the Aston style grill and narrow headlights. Everything else should be very Mustang familiar. Heh. We'll see. Is this thing supposed to have IRS finally?

I hope not. The side scallops are almost completely gone, and the whole thing looks like a stylized Ford front plopped onto (as the OP said) an Accord bodyshell. I'm still waiting for the real thing to be shown.

I think there is quite a bit of artistic interpretation here, so I am going to reserve judgement for now. Off the record, not bad.

It's some third-party render by a person who has to do renders for magazines/the web cause he's not good enough to gain actual emplyoment within the industry.

The Mustang Forum post where this images come from describes them as being "refined from CAD images of the actual car, with our various spy photos used as a starting point."
This sounds like they had access to actual Ford CAD files, which is what C&D reported as well. But on careful reading, what they say is that, the "resident artist" (read: unemployed bum) of the Mustang Forum created a CAD file working from nothing but the spy shots to produce this render.

Front reminds me of Mitsubishi Lancer. Weird.

It's some third-party render by a person who has to do renders for magazines/the web cause he's not good enough to gain actual emplyoment within the industry.

The Mustang Forum post where this images come from describes them as being "refined from CAD images of the actual car, with our various spy photos used as a starting point."
This sounds like they had access to actual Ford CAD files, which is what C&D reported as well. But on careful reading, what they say is that, the "resident artist" (read: unemployed bum) of the Mustang Forum created a CAD file working from nothing but the spy shots to produce this render.

:lol:

Hey, I consider it impressive! Misleading, but impressive.

Gawd, that render is awful. From the camo mules I got the impression it would look like the Taurus lights and grille, just with the grille leaning forward like classic and retro Mustangs. This...looks like a melting Hot Wheels version of it.

That render looks like ass. In a bad way. Looking at the Evos Concept and everything that Ford's come up with since then, I have faith the next Mustang will look much better than that.

C&D has posted this to their facebook with pretty a pretty confident 'this is it' headline.

1379847_10152330797602977_1310061072_n.jpg

If it does look like that...well done Ford, well done.

^ And its transformation into an Aston Martin shall be complete!

Ok not quite but that does look very good.

Last edited: