Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

I get all that. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Ford really, but I assume that had they acted a year earlier than they did, the funds they fell back on might have been tied up in other investments. Or if they acted a year later than they did, they might not have received as much money for those premium brands they sold, assuming they could have found buyers at all in that poor financial climate. It seems as though their timing was crucial to weathering the storm the way they did. It was very fortunate that they did what they did, when they did it.

Then there is the way they capitalized on the fall of GM and Chrysler, gaining market share and lifting their public image and reputation. Had the great recession never happened, where would Ford be today? Had GM and Chrysler never collapsed and Ford never gained so much popularity and market share, they definitely wouldn't be doing as good today. The recession turned out to be a very good thing for Ford, and while they deserve a lot of credit, they can't take credit for the recession itself. They got lucky. Very lucky. But that's life.

Last edited:
Perhaps somebody deep in was aware?

There were only a handful that seen the great recession coming. Watch the movie "The Big Short" to get an idea of how few. It will also explain more about the subject than most learned about it since it happened.

There were only a handful that seen the great recession coming. Watch the movie "The Big Short" to get an idea of how few. It will also explain more about the subject than most learned about it since it happened.

And don't forget Margo Robbie in a bubble bath

And don't forget Margo Robbie in a bubble bath

046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

So.. I think Nabsters car just went up in value.

The 2018 Mustang apparently..

http://jalopnik.com/1791263140

Someone sat on a late model Charger and squished the headlights. And from the front side angle it looks a bit like Jag XE headlights in too small.

jugwsolehpz0xryhjxnp.png

svgelmsvn6hoc3zawsv8.png

e9umeu7emkcg4pn4vxtl.png

Rear looks solid.. not really changed..

es6d0noei6jlgvngqk8x.png

Wow that front is fucking ugly as sin.

You know how you bought the Porsche and were waiting on the next Mustang? Yeah, about that...
There's always the used market, so my above reaction wasn't about my personal interest, so much as just a general disgust. To be fair, I thought the S550 looked disjointed when it first came out, but IRL, I think it looks fantastic. I hope my initial impression of this one is wrong as well. Ford has always made the mid cycle Mustang refreshes look "better" going all the way back to the 1979 Fox body. This would be breaking a long time tradition.

I'll reserve judgement for when I see it in the flesh - cars tend to look a bit different in the real world, surrounded by traffic, etc. But my initial gut reaction was "Christ that's unfortunate..."

At least they changed the rear plastic skid plate by the backup light from body color to black. That was such a tragedy and I want to slap the person who let that through.

At least they changed the rear plastic skid plate by the backup light from body color to black. That was such a tragedy and I want to slap the person who let that through.
You mean the body coloured rear diffuser? Yeah, many people (myself included) thought that was an awesome touch.

Hmm.. different. I don't know how I feel about it. The lower half of the front end just seems off, and again will be a pain to clean bugs out of.

I hope it improves some more before it goes into production, though unlikely I suppose given the timeline.

It's not actually that different from the current look, but for some reason this looks more 'Fusion' than 'Mustang'.

The color choice is unfortunate I keep not being able to tell what changed because the crappy yellow takes my eye away. Otherwise looks pretty much the same to me, but again I thought 6th gen looked like shit when I saw pictures, then I saw it IRL and loved it. I still prefer the 12.5+ (I call it 12.5 because some 2012 models had headlights on the outside and turn signals on inside and some had lights like mine where turn signals are on the outside) body style but only because I think it is the absolute best modern-retro ever attempted and really brings the original Mustang design into 21st century. The S550 while a good looking car is too much SN95 (never liked that look) updated and looks more sports car than muscle (yes I know it's technically a pony car but the terms are mostly interchangeable).

I'm guessing our resident Ford employee will remain dutifully silent until the official embargo ends... tomorrow? These are leaks, so who knows what the official unveil might bring?

I can't lie: I'm already warming up (I said warming up, not hotted up) to it. Some photoshops of various colours over on mustang6g.com indeed make it look better than the photos we have so far. I just hope one can still get a spoiler delete as that would otherwise be a deal killer for me (of course, even that can be rectified with a decent body shop).

Will the 2018 GT350 follow these cues or remain as the '16-17s, I wonder?