Laters, Chrysler. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

You don't need to go round corners well when you're an unrealistically handsome and interesting man with a size zero girlfriend with a plastic smile.

...god I hate marketing photos.

Protip: Get the stability control or you'll inhale all the dirt from your floor mats.

You don't need to go round corners well when you're an unrealistically handsome and interesting man with a size zero girlfriend with a plastic smile.

...god I hate marketing photos.

Especially when you consider those things are only sold to soccermoms and/or men who have stopped being a thinking human beeing and just became 'someones dad'....

No wonder Rick likes it....he's basicly a European housewife.

The narrator on the video posted above mentions that they've been calling for stability control fitted as standard, etc etc. Which the Fiat has but the Citro?n doesn't.

My suggestion would be to make a car that doesn't need electronic aids to stay the right way up.

My suggestion would be to make a car that doesn't need electronic aids to stay the right way up.

on what tires? with what spring- and damperrate? with what curb?

there are so many variables that make a car either understeer or roll, it must be impossible to make a suspension geometry that won't roll in ANY situation.
if you can't guarantee that, electronics are the only option, those are dynamic and adapt to the situation...

on what tires? with what spring- and damperrate? with what curb?

there are so many variables that make a car either understeer or roll, it must be impossible to make a suspension geometry that won't roll in ANY situation.
if you can't guarantee that, electronics are the only option, those are dynamic and adapt to the situation...

These are standard review units delivered by the manufacturers, on OEM tires, loaded up with weights to spec, on dry tarmac.

Swedish car magazines and tv shows have been performing their "moose tests" for decades. Any halfway decent car designed since the late 1980's simply shrugs them off.

Famous embarrassing accidents where the cars ended up the wrong way up include (but aren't limited to) the Skoda Estelle with the swing-axle rear suspension, the first generation A class and the Citro?n Nemo and its siblings. Some Jeep also repeatedly blew its front tire and IIRC the latest Kia Ceed had a software flaw where the power steering suddenly cut out as the driver tried to straighten things out.

Last edited:
I remember that well. Pulling up next to A-Classes at the lights, honking my horn and doing hand antlers at the driver...........

NEVER FORGET

Chrysler%20Simca%201309001r.jpg

That offset bonnet logo! So awkward! Bonus points for the trademark yellow lights. Yep it's French and weird alright!

Last edited:
Nothing weird about the that Simca, really. It's a very conventional car except for the hatchback and torsion-bar suspension.

But I don't think Chrysler-Simca ever had a good engine. They were always underpowered with engines ranging from a bottom-feeder 1.0 (yes, really, in a family car) to a top of the range 1.6.

And nothing of value is lost. Except for the Dodge Charger/Challenger siblings, I can't think of anything even remotely interesting in their stable. Since Europe doesn't get those cars, Chrysler has nothing to offer anyway.

No, I don't think I've ever seen one. I've seen a SRT Caliber once though.