Unveiled: 2016 Cadillac CT6

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart, '03 Ranger, '20 390 Duke, '22 K16GTL
unnamed.jpg

The new Cadillac flagship is here, until the larger CTx-n?e-LTS sedan arrives later this decade. The CT6 is about the size of a short-wheelbase BMW 7 and weighs about the same as a CTS, so it's not quite a competitor to the flagship Germans. Engine choices so far are the 2.0L turbocharged base engine from the ATS and CTS, reworked NA V6 from the CTS, twin-turbocharged V6 putting out ~400hp, and a twin-turbocharged V8. Expected options like heated/cooled massaging seats, rear seat executive package, etc, are all present. Active rear-wheel steering will trim down the turning circle. The infotainment is now controlled largely by the center console touchpad, with some haptic controls left over like the volume slider.

zpnlnlfsoht1cjmiagog.jpg

uqnqbrijv1ohwiy5qidi.jpg

02-2016-cadillac-ct6-ny-1.jpg

jbbzoulnecolk7tq0axc.jpg

x0l1w2pf7wlsnb2jmevm.jpg

2016-cadillac-ct6-rear-center-console.jpg

2016-cadillac-ct6-interior-03.jpg

Twin turbo V8? Yes please.

While I do think the emblem is a bit big, I'm probably the only one here thinking this, but I really love the steering wheel. I think they managed to actually fit quite a few buttons without it looking retarded.

Not big on the rest of the cockpit...but I think the exterior looks pretty darn good from all sides, except the back. The taillights look like they came from a much lower-end model../

That is a really handsome looking beast. The wing-motif shaping on every single piece of interior trim is bugging me quote a bit though.