Unveiled: Kia Stinger 2017

If the interior quality measures up, this is a winner. I almost don't care about its driving dynamics. Even as just four door transportation, I think it looks fantastic.

If the interior quality measures up, this is a winner. I almost don't care about its driving dynamics. Even as just four door transportation, I think it looks fantastic.

I'll let you know early next week when I see it at the show (assuming its unlocked for show-goers). Last year I sat in the Genesis G90 and it was a huge disappointment in terms of quality, it looked like a carbon copy of the A8, but every button and switch was flimsy and just terrible to touch, the leather didn't feel good and all the touch points felt cheap.

Last year I sat in the Genesis G90 and it was a huge disappointment in terms of quality, it looked like a carbon copy of the A8, but every button and switch was flimsy and just terrible to touch, the leather didn't feel good and all the touch points felt cheap.

This describes my experience with two Hyundai rentals I've had. Exterior wise they're good looking cars but on the inside the materials were cheap and already showing signs of wear.

I'll let you know early next week when I see it at the show (assuming its unlocked for show-goers). Last year I sat in the Genesis G90 and it was a huge disappointment in terms of quality, it looked like a carbon copy of the A8, but every button and switch was flimsy and just terrible to touch, the leather didn't feel good and all the touch points felt cheap.

So you want an $82,000 car stuffed in to a $68,000 price tag? Come on mate... ;)

This describes my experience with two Hyundai rentals I've had. Exterior wise they're good looking cars but on the inside the materials were cheap and already showing signs of wear.
Honestly I think Kia interiors are nicer. The last gen base Optima has a far nicer interior than a equivalent base Sonata.

It still holds true with the current stuff - there is more soft touch material of a higher quality in a Optima LX than a base Sonata.

So you want an $82,000 car stuffed in to a $68,000 price tag? Come on mate... ;)

When the switches feel worse than those in a $35k Cadillac or a $33k Lincoln.... I want something a little better. Especially for that kind of money.

When the switches feel worse than those in a $35k Cadillac or a $33k Lincoln.... I want something a little better. Especially for that kind of money.

That much of a difference? Really? I need to investigate.

The rear is a bit wonky, the rear lights look too small....but the rest looks good, specs are good...now all we can hope is that they didn't fuck up.

- Please let the interior not feel like the inside of a box of chocolates
- Please handle decently

I think the red showcar is a bit shit choice of colour, this brings out the shape a bit more:

DSC-0489.jpg

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Then again, you have to remember the former head of development from BMW M Albert Biermann switched to KIA and this is his first car, so this has a lot of good ingredients. I am especially curious about handling reviews for the V6 with optional rear biased AWD.

I'd get rid of the GT and Kia badge right away.