Unveiled: Kia Stinger 2017

jack_christie

Forum Addict
2017 Kia Stinger

rear-wheel-drive sports saloon powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.3-litre V6 engine
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-detroit-motor-show/2017-kia-stinger-gt-takes-audi-s4

C1uN4O9UcAEAvuU.jpg

C1uLGviXAAEeSg5.jpg

C1sDM97XcAAgG-G.jpg

C1uEGLKUoAAoyiN.jpg

from the rear "We alfa now, with a hint of dodge"

Wait, how has a car never been called a Stinger? It's a fantastic name.

Wait, how has a car never been called a Stinger? It's a fantastic name.

There was an old Pontiac concept called Stinger but it's probably best forgotten.

I generally like this, I certainly like the concept of newcomers to the RWD sports saloon market. The same is good, I see a bit of Jaguar in the shape and a lot of VXR8 in the front end. I'm wondering what the point of the rear clusters extending down the body is though, they don't seem to light up. Shame because they remind me of the old Maserati 3200 GT.

Holy shit, that car looks AMAZING. Dat interior... :drool: Plus like the others have said, Stinger is a fantastic name. Will it get a North American release?

gt4_1.jpg

Not bad looking on the outside, but the interior looks kinda underwhelming. Given the choice, I'd easily choose the Alfa Giulia over this (being completely unbiased of course :p)

I'm wondering what the point of the rear clusters extending down the body is though, they don't seem to light up. Shame because they remind me of the old Maserati 3200 GT.

I'd say sidemarkers because 'Murica.

Reactions: JCE
It looks pretty nice, but I keep seeing all sorts of other recent cars in it's design - A7, Giulia, Granturismo, GT86 and a touch of Panamera. It isn't really it's own.

This should be a big winner for Kia if interior quality is at least semi-decent and the price isn't too outlandish for the brand. Nobody who looks at a Kia cares if the design is derivative.

God I hope they had sway bars fitted on that thing.

The problem with this car is the hideous "KIA" badge, it's such an eyesore. I'm going to get an Alfa Giulia instead though, when the time comes.

This should be a big winner for Kia if interior quality is at least semi-decent and the price isn't too outlandish for the brand. Nobody who looks at a Kia cares if the design is derivative.

According to the Autocar article, it'll be similar in price to a top-spec Sorento, so $46k/?49k.