2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota...essandro_Volta
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

I must say I'm very intrigued about this news. Glad to see Toyota getting back into the actually interesting cars game.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
      Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
      Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
      Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

We could only hope it looked that good. Chances are it will look like some scifi alien monstrosity.

But I am excited to read this. Now we just need to get on Honda's case about that new S2000...

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          We could only hope it looked that good. Chances are it will look like some scifi alien monstrosity.
          Everything Toyota has put out in the last five years has looked absolutely terrible. I have no faith in them putting out a future design classic.

Comment

But sports cars don't sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by public View Post
            Everything Toyota has put out in the last five years has looked absolutely terrible. I have no faith in them putting out a future design classic.
            See that GT86 crying in the corner?

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
            "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
            "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

Motoring enthusiasts: "We'd love a new MR2!"

Toyota: "Here's your hybrid!"

Motoring enthusiasts: "..."

Toyota: "See? This is why we don't make cars that are 'fun'. Nobody buys them."

Motoring enthusiasts:
              There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchi View Post
                See that GT86 crying in the corner?
                I still think the front looks shit and the tail lights need help.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroJoe View Post
                  Motoring enthusiasts: "We'd love a new MR2!"

Toyota: "Here's your hybrid!"

Motoring enthusiasts: "..."

Toyota: "See? This is why we don't make cars that are 'fun'. Nobody buys them."

Motoring enthusiasts:
                  This is what I'm afraid of.
                  Originally posted by tigger
                  The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by JimCorrigan View Post
                    This is what I'm afraid of.
                    It's pretty much what everyone else has been doing - see the CR-Z, which could really have been a modern CRX - right up until the point where they made it a hybrid. The failure doesn't have to be just 'we made it a hybrid,' either. The FR-S/BR-Z Toyobaru twins fell short of the mark as well - not enough power for most people and no convertible top to compensate. Also, being nearly $2000 more than the class leader with arguably a worse car is not exactly a shining example of how to win volume sales.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The worldwide market for an affordable two seat roadster without a premium badge is pretty much precisely what Mazda sells in terms of the MX5.
                      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again. The worldwide market for an affordable two seat roadster without a premium badge is pretty much precisely what Mazda sells in terms of the MX5.
                        The Ford Mustang would like a word. You even get two extra parcel shelves masquerading as rear seats for free!

Comment

Problem for me is, the mustang (and Camaro) are starting to feel like the Camry/Accord of their class.
                          1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                          2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - Present
                          1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                          2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)

Originally posted by narf
                          Did I mention it burps and farts like a Roman orgy?
                          Originally posted by Redliner
                          Wankel is better because BRAP
                          Originally posted by prizrak
                          The difference between a manually shifted auto and a proper manual is about the same as masturbation and sex.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post
                            Problem for me is, the mustang (and Camaro) are starting to feel like the Camry/Accord of their class.
                            What, dominating the market? And yeah, whatever MR2 is on the market will always be a niche player, but it's always been that way.
                            "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                            -Redliner, ironically

Comment

That's the thing. They're not bad. They're just really good and a lot of people like them. Now that the redesigned mustang has been out for a while it's become just another car on the road. It no longer has that presence for me.
                              1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                              2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - Present
                              1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                              2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)

Originally posted by narf
                              Did I mention it burps and farts like a Roman orgy?
                              Originally posted by Redliner
                              Wankel is better because BRAP
                              Originally posted by prizrak
                              The difference between a manually shifted auto and a proper manual is about the same as masturbation and sex.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post
                                That's the thing. They're not bad. They're just really good and a lot of people like them. Now that the redesigned mustang has been out for a while it's become just another car on the road. It no longer has that presence for me.

It's been out for less than 3 years.
                                Originally posted by tigger
                                The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                                  The Ford Mustang would like a word. You even get two extra parcel shelves masquerading as rear seats for free!
                                  Child seats fit on there, all I care about.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty much what everyone else has been doing - see the CR-Z, which could really have been a modern CRX - right up until the point where they made it a hybrid. The failure doesn't have to be just 'we made it a hybrid,' either. The FR-S/BR-Z Toyobaru twins fell short of the mark as well - not enough power for most people and no convertible top to compensate. Also, being nearly $2000 more than the class leader with arguably a worse car is not exactly a shining example of how to win volume sales.
                                  I'm hoping they go more SW20 than MR-S (dunno chassis code), and have a turbo and n/a version.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JimCorrigan View Post

It's been out for less than 3 years.
                                  Nah I know what he means they are all over the place, though my gen is pretty rare so I'm quite happy bout that
                                  ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
                                    The worldwide market
                                    Mustang
                                    Ajakaamme.net A Finnish website dedicated to driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Posambique View Post
                                      Are you saying the Mustang isn't a global car?

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...-is-paying-off

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                                      2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                                      2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                                      1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                                      1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by Posambique View Post
                                        The Mustang *is* a global car now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X