Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Citroen C5 Aircross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unveiled: 2017 Citroen C5 Aircross




























    #2
    Ajakaamme.net A Finnish website dedicated to driving.

    Comment


      #3
      Rectangles?
      Rectangles

      Rectangles?
      Rectangles
      Rectangles?

      MORE RECTANGLES
      "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

      Comment


        #4
        Looks great, but I can't buy any Citroen/Peugeot simply because the automatic transmissions they have are completely undrivable...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mmap View Post
          Looks great, but I can't buy any Citroen/Peugeot simply because the automatic transmissions they have are completely undrivable...
          They've dropped the crappy automated manual in favour of the rather excellent Aisin six speed used in Mazda's and Toyotas among other things.
          I personally really like Citroens design language at the moment, but they still find ways to mess up the little things (Weird back windows, odd boot shapes, seats no folding flat, no cupholders etc etc)
          Help greyhounds find their forever homes.
          http://greyhoundadoptionswa.com.au/

          See my fur babies here:
          https://www.instagram.com/brynandrews/

          Comment


            #6
            Strange that they didn't go straight for the 8 speed Aisin makes. 6 speeds is a bit old fashioned in a brand new model isn't it? And there have always been peugeots and citroens with normal automatics as well, btw. The jerk-o-matic was just used with certain engines.

            Also isn't this a model for china?
            2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
            For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

            Comment


              #7
              The six speed really seems to still be the choice for smaller engines that use Aisin, maybe there is a bit of a weight/size difference between the two. Even Lotus is sticking with the 6 come to think of it.
              Last edited by Rex Luther; April 16th, 2017, 1:41 AM.
              Help greyhounds find their forever homes.
              http://greyhoundadoptionswa.com.au/

              See my fur babies here:
              https://www.instagram.com/brynandrews/

              Comment


                #8
                Does Lotus use torque converter automatics in their cars? TIL.
                2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Perc View Post
                  Does Lotus use torque converter automatics in their cars? TIL.
                  Yeah. Because they use Toyota engines, they kinda get the gearboxes as part of the deal. It would be nice to see dual clutch, but for a maker the size of Lotus, thats probably not going to happen.
                  Having said that, the Aisin locks up the TC and rev matches on the down shifts, so its a surprisingly quick to shift little unit. But I think Lotus would simply just tell you to buy the manual if you were that worried.
                  Help greyhounds find their forever homes.
                  http://greyhoundadoptionswa.com.au/

                  See my fur babies here:
                  https://www.instagram.com/brynandrews/

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I didn't think an auto maker like Lotus would put anything automatic in their products. Guess I was wrong.
                    2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                    For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ive just realised this is just the grand cactus... but less awesome.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mmap View Post
                        Looks great, but I can't buy any Citroen/Peugeot simply because the automatic transmissions they have are completely undrivable...
                        What? All of them?
                        Ajakaamme.net A Finnish website dedicated to driving.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Citroen announced this today... 4 weeks late.

                          Citroen UK website, coming late 2018.
                          Last edited by Aston Martin; April 18th, 2017, 4:43 PM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Posambique View Post
                            What? All of them?
                            Just the jerk-o-matic that's a conventional 6 speed manual with a normal clutch, and a robot bolted on top of it. They wanted to achieve fuel economy like a DSG without the complexity of a dual clutch (and they succeeded) but it probably scared away a lot of customers because it's a bit weird to drive. Some drivers get used to it, others just go "nope" and buy something else.

                            It honestly doesn't perform any worse than when you're doing the changes yourself, but it becomes annoying when someone else is doing it for you. As a passenger it's fine, IMO.

                            The jerk-o-matic was only coupled with certain engines like the 1.6 liter diesel and whatever the smallest city cars have, and as far as I know it's being replaced by a conventional automatic again.
                            2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                            For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by mmap View Post
                              I can't buy any Citroen/Peugeot...
                              Ajakaamme.net A Finnish website dedicated to driving.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Perc View Post
                                I didn't think an auto maker like Lotus would put anything automatic in their products. Guess I was wrong.
                                I didn't think Lotus would build an Elise or Exige heavier than 1000 kgs. Just checked the weight for the V6 models. Holy mother of god ...


                                Viva la Targa!

                                "Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
                                "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
                                "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Perc View Post
                                  Just the jerk-o-matic that's a conventional 6 speed manual with a normal clutch, and a robot bolted on top of it. They wanted to achieve fuel economy like a DSG without the complexity of a dual clutch (and they succeeded) but it probably scared away a lot of customers because it's a bit weird to drive. Some drivers get used to it, others just go "nope" and buy something else.

                                  It honestly doesn't perform any worse than when you're doing the changes yourself, but it becomes annoying when someone else is doing it for you. As a passenger it's fine, IMO.

                                  The jerk-o-matic was only coupled with certain engines like the 1.6 liter diesel and whatever the smallest city cars have, and as far as I know it's being replaced by a conventional automatic again.
                                  I Cactus was the last car to us the jerk store gearbox, but thats been replaced with the 6 speed TC unit now. I would like to think that that is the last we'll see of those things.
                                  They really are awfull. When we got the final gen MR2 here, they were only availiable with one of those, no manual. As well as being shit house to drive, it means you don't want to touch a second hand one, as they are really expensive to fix when (not if) they fail.
                                  Help greyhounds find their forever homes.
                                  http://greyhoundadoptionswa.com.au/

                                  See my fur babies here:
                                  https://www.instagram.com/brynandrews/

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    I have the 5 speed auto, ''tis awful.
                                    Slightly better if you come off the pedal, paddle up and back on the accelerator.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      What is with the idiotic gear selectors in new cars? It saves literally no space and much harder to use than the standard ratchet selector.
                                      ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Rex Luther View Post
                                        As well as being shit house to drive, it means you don't want to touch a second hand one, as they are really expensive to fix when (not if) they fail.
                                        I haven't heard too many horror stories about the jerk-o-matic, to be honest. They seem to mostly just work.

                                        Most drivetrains with a conventional clutch are plagued with flywheel failures these days, though. The dual mass flywheel is a wonderful thing that smoothes out vibrations and makes it possible to lug the enigne at low revs (which I like) but a 1500 euro clutch job on the 3000 euro family Mondeo is a bit much. Parts cost alone can get into four figures quite easily. I would rather put those 1500 euros towards ATF changes and possible repair jobs on a conventional automatic.
                                        2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                                        For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X