Nissan Leaf 2018

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Due Sept 6th

550km/340mile range allegedly

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...cs-leak-shows-new-drivetrain-will-have-148bhp

30d3b61577c5acb4a795a6a52ad9b8c48d278559.jpg

Last edited:
Have a japanese commercial!

Thoughts (not on the video):
  • base version should be 40 kWh, so less than 200 mile range (there were some spy shots of the dash)
  • I think it's unlikely they'll have a higher capacity version that has nearly double that...
  • the design is much improved, i'd be fine in driving this
  • let's see what their autonomous/assisted driving can do

Last edited:
The long range one is supposed to have about 60 kWh

That I would expect, yes. If for the fact alone that they want to have considerably more range than the Renault Zoe. Still... from 60kWh I would expect a realistic real-world range of about 400 km, not 550 - although 550 could be an NEDC figure, admittedly :p

Pricing and some specs have supposedly been leaked. 40 kWh battery and 147 hp (100kW) motor for $30k. So we'll have the Leaf/3/Bolt with 40/50/60 kWh batteries for $30/35/36.6k. I'm curious if the 60 kWh Leaf will be the same price as the Bolt, cheaper, or more expensive. My guess is that it'll be in between the LT and Premier trim levels of the Bolt in terms of both price and spec.

I certianly hope the Leaf's driving characteristics aren't as much grandpa as the old Leaf's... a colleague of mine had that thing as a company car and it was simply atrocious. You were basically forced to totter around town. With the new design, I certianly hope the rest of the car can keep up - it does look much sleeker and sportier in any case and the 150hp motor should at least provide more than enough power.

I'm going to be honest here, I think its brilliant. I've always supported the Leaf and thought it was the best EV overall but its one failing to me was the way the front looked. Nissan have officially fixed it and undoubtedly made it even better to live with. I wouldn't buy one because I don't believe in EVs personally but I would strongly recommend this to those who are and don't want to pay for Tesla's bullshit. If I was in to all this EV stuff though I'd definitely buy a Leaf.

I'm going to be honest here, I think its brilliant. I've always supported the Leaf and thought it was the best EV overall but its one failing to me was the way the front looked. Nissan have officially fixed it and undoubtedly made it even better to live with. I wouldn't buy one because I don't believe in EVs personally but I would strongly recommend this to those who are and don't want to pay for Tesla's bullshit. If I was in to all this EV stuff though I'd definitely buy a Leaf.

What if it had a VQ and was called the "Versa Note Nismo...?" :p

What if it had a VQ and was called the "Versa Note Nismo...?" :p

I'd be all over that shit. ;) If there's one thing I like about Nissan more than anything is their 6cyl engines. :D