Unveiled: TVR Griffith 2019

jack_christie

Forum Addict
500bhp TVR Griffith revealed

TVR is reborn and its first car is the two-seater Griffith, built on an all-new platform that uses Gordon Murray?s innovative iStream architecture. Its striking design takes inspiration from the original TVR Griffith and Tuscan

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...500bhp-tvr-griffith-revealed-goodwood-revival

DJL4Ha6WsAAPb-H.jpg

DJL4HaRXgAA1-TH.jpg

DJL4HaGXoAEKxQt.jpg

I see F12/812 in the front, a little bit of McLaren in the headlights and the Supra-concept at the back, but maybe that's just me. But I do like it!

Is that a manual gearbox? Wow.

Those photos were taken from terrible angles. We've gotta see it in some better photos. Don't know if they'll help the interior look better, but it doesn't matter. That's not an expectation you can reasonably have from a TVR.

I see F12/812 in the front, a little bit of McLaren in the headlights and the Supra-concept at the back, but maybe that's just me. But I do like it!

Is that a manual gearbox? Wow.

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event...ew-tvr-griffith--everything-you-need-to-know/

There are no turbos here. There?s no four-wheel drive or paddle-shift transmission. No sign of an electric motor or fancy drive modes. The noise it makes will be real enough, not synthetically piped into the cabin. What you do get is V8 grunt up front, side exhausts, six-speed manual ?box, rear diff and two whopping 20-inch wishbone-suspended wheels whose 275/30 tyres are single-handedly responsible for providing traction. Driver aids? Nope. Drift mode? You can be assured of it, and it will be controlled by the right foot rather than any button. And the steering? TVR purists will be eager to try that: it?s electrically assisted.
The engine is a 5.0-litre Ford V8 ?enhanced? by Cosworth. Power and torque are not yet confirmed but we assume it has around 500bhp in order to achieve the longstanding power-weight target of 400bhp/tonne. The new Griffith weighs in at 1250kg.
The V8 is set low and back in the chassis for what TVR says is 50-50 weight distribution. As for its size, the Griffith is 170mm (6ins) shorter, 75mm (3ins) narrower and 70mm (almost 3ins) lower than a Jaguar F-type. If 1250kg turns out to be accurate, it will also weigh around 300kg less than the Jag.

I am not "wowed" by it and I think it lacks a bit of the craziness and aggression of previous TVR designs, but I quite like it.
500hp from a Cosworth massaged V8 in a 1250kg car? Sign me in.
And what sad times when a sports car with a manual is enough to make us go "wow". :lol:

I'm game. TVR needed to come back and the world needs more NA V8's and less electric this and turbo that. Kudos TVR! I bet it'll sound brilliant!

Those photos were taken from terrible angles. We've gotta see it in some better photos.

Cut the cheesy shmee stuff and just go through the video, e.g. at 1:30+ you'll see it:

gordon murray's iStream?
isn't that the narrow 2 seater where you sit behind eachother?

Cut the cheesy shmee stuff and just go through the video, e.g. at 1:30+ you'll see it:

I refuse to give that man my YT views. I'll wait until Davide Cironi or Chris Harris drives one.

Wow, really excited about this!! Even though they were interesting, it's good that they don't try to make their own engines from scratch again. :grin: