2018 Not Volvo Exotic Dancer Coupe

public

Captain Slow Charging
Car(s)
Atomic toaster
polestar-1240.jpg

polestar-1242.jpg

There, got the super original stripper joke out in the headline already. Polestar 1, 592 horsepower hybrid, claimed 1000Nm of torkue. Will be sold under the Polestar name and not Volvo, despite looking like the Volvo Concept Coupe.

The Polestar 1 is a two-door, 2+2 seat Grand Tourer Coup? with an ?Electric Performance Hybrid? drivetrain. An electric car supported by an internal combustion engine, it has a range of 150kms on pure electric power alone - the longest full electric range of any hybrid car on the market. Its output of 600hp and 1000Nm of torque places the car firmly in the performance car segment.

The Polestar 1 is based upon Volvo?s Scalable Platform Architecture (SPA) but approximately 50% is new and bespoke, created by Polestar?s engineers. To reinforce its dynamic driving characteristics, Polestar 1 benefits from a host of new technologies, all aimed at making it a true driver?s car. Polestar 1 is the world?s first car to be fitted with the all-new class-leading ?hlins Continuously Controlled Electronic Suspension (CESi) advanced chassis technology. A carbon fibre body reduces bodyweight and improves torsional stiffness by 45%, as well as lowering the cars? centre of gravity. Additionally, Polestar 1 uses a double electric rear axle which enables torque vectoring. This supports the driver with precise acceleration on each wheel to keep the maximum road grip and maintain speed while cornering.

gallery_isaksson_entrance_second_006_8bit.jpg

I like it!

Edit: More pics

HqthV87.jpg

oLb28Cp.jpg

6ijSbZR.jpg

v31ayFH.jpg

Last edited:
2.0T? *shrugs*

Dream car: this + slap a Volvo C70 badge + swap the twin-charged inline 4 for the old-fashioned 2.5 straight five with a big turbo.

...and maybe paint it yellow.

Dream car: this + slap a Volvo C70 badge + swap the twin-charged inline 4 for the old-fashioned 2.5 straight five with a big turbo.

...and maybe paint it yellow.

Yellow? Its not a wagon. This thing needs to be orange

fGqFLMK.png

Not a fan of the S90 taillights.

It's like they put the designers on the V90 and found some intern to do the sedan.

i like it, looks neat, though wheels are probably a little too big, making it look like a crossover, in saying that, the pic of the white car, the rear view looks like a bit of an old school muscle car.

Can't wait to see how it performs.

I like that color:

gallery_isaksson_entrance_second_006_8bit.jpg

Polestar color is usually electric blue, I guess it will be awesome too.

Anyone else seeing a bunch of Volvo logos instead of the car?

Yeah, same here.

Not sure if design criticism or.. Oh, looks like they pulled a bunch of photos. Gotta rehost.

I like the front, but the rear looks like a concept car from the early 1990s.