Nothing like a good ol' battle of German heavyweights!

how did i know the result before i even read it. i own an m5 and also live in the city. everybody always complaint about the smg and i-drive which i think is the cars strongest points. the smg is fantastic. i live in the chicago, downtown, and have yet to complain about the tranny. granted it's not a smooth as an automatic, but you can't expect that. it's a manual gearbox with an automatic option. don't get me started with the i-drive. how can you complain about it. all that was done was the million buttons you had were replaced by a single, easy to use, controller that's right in the right place- always by your hand. the s6 shouldn't even be in this comparo. it's heavy and significantly underpowered. i would love to read or watch a credible comparison between the e63 and m5 though

So the S6 looks to be getting FinalGear vote of approval :)

wasya152 said:
how did i know the result before i even read it. i own an m5 and also live in the city. everybody always complaint about the smg and i-drive which i think is the cars strongest points. the smg is fantastic. i live in the chicago, downtown, and have yet to complain about the tranny. granted it's not a smooth as an automatic, but you can't expect that. it's a manual gearbox with an automatic option. don't get me started with the i-drive. how can you complain about it. all that was done was the million buttons you had were replaced by a single, easy to use, controller that's right in the right place- always by your hand. the s6 shouldn't even be in this comparo. it's heavy and significantly underpowered. i would love to read or watch a credible comparison between the e63 and m5 though
You own an M5? awesome - mind posting some pics of it :mrgreen:

This really has been the first comparo between the E63 and M5 but I'll keep my eye out for more in coming months.

Well they compare M3 and RS4. In this test M3 is also underpowered, but this is not so bad sometimes;) 911 Carrera S is also underpowered, but it has beaten the M6.