Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVO - Not so supercars...

Not so supercars

#1) Vector#2) Monteverdi HAI 450SS#3) Argyll Turbo GT#4) De Tomaso Mangusta#5) Panther Six#6) Jimenez Novia#7) Lister Storm#8) Spiess TC522#9) Mercedes CLK GTR#10) Laraki Fulgura
    By EVO

Man it's like going back in time for me. My main interest in cars back in middle school was obscure supercars like the Laraki, Spiess and Lister. If only there were some Isderas on the list, then I could conclude that most of the cars I was in love with were crap.

Comment

Whatever else is wrong with it, the Vector W8 Twin Turbo is one of the best looking cars ever made.

Comment

Tiff drove the CLK GTR in a review once.

Comment

?
          "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

The Spiess looks quite sad from that angle.

Comment

I always liked the look of the Lister.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter3hg View Post
                I always liked the look of Lister.
                bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

The Hai is a great car, the purple one sold for a few mil last year.
                  I love the CLK-GTR...... and the Lister is still a great racing car.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                    The Hai is a great car, the purple one sold for a few mil last year.
                    The pink/purple one, the prototype, is for sale. How do I know? Its about 20 minutes from where I live. Not a bad looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                      Remember, while they may have been very good racing cars, EVO reviewed them as road cars, on the road. Being a good racing car does not automatically make it a good raod car. EVO seems to be one of a very few that can look past those cars' amazing track records and racing success and see them for what they are as road cars... It's not the first time they name the CLK-GTR in such a list...

Comment

Ahh...the Vector W8 Twin-Turbo - I've always loved those things. I have a huge folder of Vector pictures.

I really wish one of the car magazines would find one and test it so we can see how good...or bad was it in reality.

From what I've heard, it's pretty much like the Lamborghini Countach. It looks awesome, like a fighter jet, has a huge engine (and two turbos) but it didn't work as well as they said it would. They claimed a top speed of 220+mph, but the aerodynamics stopped the car from going more than 180mph. I don't know whether that's true or not.
                        "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

The list reminded me of this:

The Covini C6W

Comment

^Half Koenigsegg, half Enzo.

Comment

the lister shouldnt be there just cause they think it look bad(which is false imo)
                              Founder of the Muse Fan group of Final Gear
                              '' Every time ferrari F1 team is doing badly, their road car are brillant'' Jeremy clarckson
                              Why does McLAREN always have to copy what Ferrari is doing ?

Comment

While the Lister is a bit bad looking and they should've made it look more like the race version:

It is still a stupid reason to put it on this list, i've always liked the Lister Storm because it was a worthy car, it proved itself, and i'm sure there a few skeletons in Modena and Lambo's closets, it's just that these were small time

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
                                'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

Ah, the Lister Storm. Brings back memories Gran Turismo 2.

And all of you should curse the Mercedes CLK GTR; the race version was made famous by flipping into the trees at LeMans, thus prompting officials to put in those two stupid chicanes down the Mulsanne straight.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFN_Gp1eHN0[/YOUTUBE]
                                  LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

The De Tomaso Magunsta is art, right down to fulfilling the brief that art cannot have any practical purpose.
                                    I love cock sauce. That stuff is delicious. -ninjacoco
                                    hey,go drool somewhere else,don;t act a real cock here -somesay
                                    Now listening toevery #1 single ever.

Comment

There are many flawed but beautiful cars, the Mangusta is just one and I'd buy it. Vectors are awesome.

The road going Lister may look rather ungainly, but it's still based off a GT car that has been successfully racing pretty much unchanged since 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawk View Post
                                        Ah, the Lister Storm. Brings back memories Gran Turismo 2.

And all of you should curse the Mercedes CLK GTR; the race version was made famous by flipping into the trees at LeMans, thus prompting officials to put in those two stupid chicanes down the Mulsanne straight.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFN_Gp1eHN0[/YOUTUBE]
                                        Um that's a CLR and they put the two chicanes in almost 10 years before that.

Comment

Working...
                                        X