NY to LA in 32 hours movie

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
http://www.32hours7minutes.com/

i got the preview from some forum, dont know which one, and i wanted to know if anyone knows about this or knows when this movie will come out.

makes gumball, cannonball look like driving miss daisy :wink: .

Sweeeeeet

Had never heard of this before but definitely wanna see it!!! Where, when how available?!?

No, but I sure wanna see it! :D

Justin Syder... I remember that guy. He stopped posting a very long time ago. What ever happened to him....

Zombie Thread!

I wasn't even born when this thread was first made.

I think this one is a record for "oldest thread ever resurrected"... 5 yrs+

Jesus Christ, Yourk. I'm one of the old farts on this forum and this thread is about a year older than me. Holy super thread necromancy, Batman.

I think this may be justified, as Garage419 has ties to Alex Roy who is, I believe, a co-producer on this film. Any news on this being close to release is good, especially from the someone who isn't Cory Wells. She told us like two years ago it was finished. I was really aching to see this after I read the book years ago, the hype has really died with dates that haven't come to fruition and just general lack of info for months and months. Better be a damn good film.

... on a sidenote ... I just wanted to look up what the distance is exactly via Google maps and there is a button that let?s you choose what means of transportation you want to use ... If you klick "by foot" NY to LA takes 37 days and 19 hours (of course just walking, not sleeping etc)

I bet I could do that in 2,5 Months (given that I wouldn?t have to take care of anything except of walking - catering, clothes, looking for a place to sleep - if all that were taken care of, I think 2,5 months is very well possible). Anyone know if there is a record for that?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Discovery_Trail :hmm: tempting

Last edited:
wooooo, found the facebook group.
and this was posted yesterday:

Cory Welles' Official "32 Hours 7 Minutes" Film HQ Movie is in the last week of editing. No shit. Alex (Roy) watched it today and I'm calling him in 20 minutes to get feedback. On the phone with an editor now. Next step is to screen it to a bunch of car guys, who's in LA and who's in NYC?
Yesterday at 5:51am ? Comment ? Like

http://www.facebook.com/32hours7minutes?v=wall

They also referred to this thread as the big bang. So called start of time and space, here let me explain.

Extrapolation of the expansion of the Universe backwards in time using general relativity yields an infinite density and temperature at a finite time in the past.[28] This singularity signals the breakdown of general relativity. How closely we can extrapolate towards the singularity is debated?certainly not earlier than the Planck epoch. The early hot, dense phase is itself referred to as "the Big Bang",[notes 2] and is considered the "birth" of our Universe. Based on measurements of the expansion using Type Ia supernovae, measurements of temperature fluctuations in the cosmic microwave background, and measurements of the correlation function of galaxies, the Universe has a calculated age of 13.73 ? 0.12 billion years.[29] The agreement of these three independent measurements strongly supports the ?CDM model that describes in detail the contents of the Universe.

The earliest phases of the Big Bang are subject to much speculation. In the most common models, the Universe was filled homogeneously and isotropically with an incredibly high energy density, huge temperatures and pressures, and was very rapidly expanding and cooling. Approximately 10?37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the Universe grew exponentially.[30] After inflation stopped, the Universe consisted of a quark?gluon plasma, as well as all other elementary particles.[31] Temperatures were so high that the random motions of particles were at relativistic speeds, and particle?antiparticle pairs of all kinds were being continuously created and destroyed in collisions. At some point an unknown reaction called baryogenesis violated the conservation of baryon number, leading to a very small excess of quarks and leptons over antiquarks and antileptons?of the order of 1 part in 30 million. This resulted in the predominance of matter over antimatter in the present Universe.[32]

The Universe continued to grow in size and fall in temperature, hence the typical energy of each particle was decreasing. Symmetry breaking phase transitions put the fundamental forces of physics and the parameters of elementary particles into their present form.[33] After about 10?11 seconds, the picture becomes less speculative, since particle energies drop to values that can be attained in particle physics experiments. At about 10?6 seconds, quarks and gluons combined to form baryons such as protons and neutrons. The small excess of quarks over antiquarks led to a small excess of baryons over antibaryons. The temperature was now no longer high enough to create new proton?antiproton pairs (similarly for neutrons?antineutrons), so a mass annihilation immediately followed, leaving just one in 1010 of the original protons and neutrons, and none of their antiparticles. A similar process happened at about 1 second for electrons and positrons. After these annihilations, the remaining protons, neutrons and electrons were no longer moving relativistically and the energy density of the Universe was dominated by photons (with a minor contribution from neutrinos).

A few minutes into the expansion, when the temperature was about a billion (one thousand million; 109; SI prefix giga-) kelvins and the density was about that of air, neutrons combined with protons to form the Universe's deuterium and helium nuclei in a process called Big Bang nucleosynthesis.[34] Most protons remained uncombined as hydrogen nuclei. As the Universe cooled, the rest mass energy density of matter came to gravitationally dominate that of the photon radiation. After about 379,000 years the electrons and nuclei combined into atoms (mostly hydrogen); hence the radiation decoupled from matter and continued through space largely unimpeded. This relic radiation is known as the cosmic microwave background radiation.[35]Over a long period of time, the slightly denser regions of the nearly uniformly distributed matter gravitationally attracted nearby matter and thus grew even denser, forming gas clouds, stars, galaxies, and the other astronomical structures observable today. The details of this process depend on the amount and type of matter in the Universe. The three possible types of matter are known as cold dark matter, hot dark matter and baryonic matter. The best measurements available (from WMAP) show that the dominant form of matter in the Universe is cold dark matter. The other two types of matter make up less than 18% of the matter in the Universe.[29]

Independent lines of evidence from Type Ia supernovae and the CMB imply the Universe today is dominated by a mysterious form of energy known as dark energy, which apparently permeates all of space. The observations suggest 72% of the total energy density of today's Universe is in this form. When the Universe was very young, it was likely infused with dark energy, but with less space and everything closer together, gravity had the upper hand, and it was slowly braking the expansion. But eventually, after numerous billion years of expansion, the growing abundance of dark energy caused the expansion of the Universe to slowly begin to accelerate. Dark energy in its simplest formulation takes the form of the cosmological constant term in Einstein's field equations of general relativity, but its composition and mechanism are unknown and, more generally, the details of its equation of state and relationship with the Standard Model of particle physics continue to be investigated both observationally and theoretically.[17]

All of this cosmic evolution after the inflationary epoch can be rigorously described and modeled by the ?CDM model of cosmology, which uses the independent frameworks of quantum mechanics and Einstein's General Relativity. As noted above, there is no well-supported model describing the action prior to 10?15 seconds or so. Apparently a new unified theory of quantum gravitation is needed to break this barrier. Understanding this earliest of eras in the history of the Universe is currently one of the greatest unsolved problems in physics.

There. That should send this thread back to its grave.

I don't even remember what happened in 2004.

I'm very eagerly looking forward to this movie though. I think Roy is fricking crazy and his car is amazing. I got to get up close to it at Laguna Seca a few months ago.

Bringing this thread back from the dead to tell ya all it has been released. Alex Roy doesn't endorse this copy but it came from Gravid Films the film production copany. In fact Alex is suing Gravid Films and Cory Welles though at the moment