Why Lambo doors might get you dead (NWS, NSFW)

NAIDANAC A said:
How bought the front window?

you wouldn't even be able to crack the window in a normal car.
they are 2 layers, with plastic in the middle, so it does brake, but stays in 1 piece

bone said:
NAIDANAC A said:
How bought the front window?

you wouldn't even be able to crack the window in a normal car.
they are 2 layers, with plastic in the middle, so it does brake, but stays in 1 piece
I've kicked out a front window from inside a car before. It doesnt just smash but once its cracked they come out fairly easily.

g38744.JPG

250 on this road? IDIOT!

A lot of armored cars have emergency doors, when you press a button in the car a charge detonates and the doors fly away, they should have the system in the lambo as well. But still, I guess these two would have died anyway, because B-road crashes at that speed usually kill the people inside.
Also that shows how Lamborghini needed Audi's help, in the modern world people expect everything from expensive cars - including safety.

I heard a story that somehow this kid got plunged into a lake, luckly for him, he had his knife and broke the glass and swam out.

Though, carrying a knife around is dangrous during the crash as well. And those side windows look awfully small to get out of if ur a bit "big"

ryosuke said:
i just hope that something like that won't happen in the US (actually i'd hope that no matter where, people won't die in their lamborghinis!)...but such a crash in the US and a lawsuit later lamborghini will have to drop the doors. :?
The thing about that is, it's a valid safety concern. Perhaps if lambo made them able to breakaway in an emergency or something that would improve safety.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
I heard a story that somehow this kid got plunged into a lake, luckly for him, he had his knife and broke the glass and swam out.

Though, carrying a knife around is dangrous during the crash as well. And those side windows look awfully small to get out of if ur a bit "big"
<3 my folding Leatherman :)

D-Fence said:
g38744.JPG

250 on this road? IDIOT!

And driving through the Czech Republic this past summer, I'd say some sections are horrible for anything above 150 km/h. So the car got airborn, wind picked it up (reminds you of that race car where the wind got underneath the car) and chucked it into the trees.

It sucks but then again you shouldn't be racing at those speeds on roads like that.

D-Fence said:
g38744.JPG

250 on this road? IDIOT!
i agree thats pretty irresponsible. Normally, i would say that the last thing you'd worry about when buying a supercar is whether or not you'll be safe in a high speed crash. I mean, TVR's and Lotus's dont even airbags. If you flipped a TVR and the car is on fire, how in the HELL are you gonna remember that the door release is a tiny button on the dashboard??
However, if Lambo offers airbags they should go a little farther and make it so you can blow the windows out or something if you need to.

Tell me about roads in Czech Republic. They are horrible, not all of them, but majority! I can't believe it, we do have nice sections of highways, also some mountain roads, but the rest really sucks. Holes are everywhere, it lasts to long to repair it. And if finally someone come, they only fill the biggest holes, without doing a new surface. Yes, it would be expensive, but after one winter holes are back... it is magical circle in here.
To the Lambo crash: Don't know if someone mentioned it: driver was former profi circuit driver, his son is competing in Skoda Octavia Cup this season. I can't believe he was going there over 200 kph, he knew that road, he lived nearby. He was experienced, so why?
Look at the road, there is new surface, but why the hell didn't they level it? There can be seen that dangerous humps, why roadworkers did that?

TBH most cars that roll are likely to deform in such a way so the doors won't open. Both my brothers have rolled cars and on both some of the doors won't open.

^a door is stuck pretty fast
even when they tailgate you it's possible your doors won't open no more