Soft-top sports car or pocket-rocket?

Soft-top sports car or pocket-rocket?

• Total voters
Soft top. I just know it would make me feel happy each and every time I drove it.

Even though I'd buckle out, and get a hot hatch. Much more usable.

Why do plenty of people estimate that the soft-top sports-car option only includes RWD cars? There are plenty of FWD cars in that segment as well, the Audi TT being one that has been mentioned so far! I thought the question was more about whether to take a sport hatch or a roadster!

At first I thought the question was a 'roadster' or 'sport bike'. I was half right. Sometimes people around here call their bikes pocket-rockets or crotch-rockets.

And if it was as I originally thought, still my answer would be roadster. If as a second vehicle I might be tempted by one of those new 3 wheel bikes coming out where they put 2 wheels up front, if it corners really really great.

Stuff being practical, have some fun!

Have to choose between an MX5 or S2000

And it's that much rearer than the MX-5.

If we're talking GTi versus a similarly priced roadster, GTi all the way. But if we're talking Celica (ridiculous wing included) vs. Audi TT/BMW Z4....well...uhh.....you know how easy that is.

Have a mix of the two. Fiat Barchetta, FWD and a Soft Top
Well, he'd better be prepared to keep it for life, because he won't be able to sell it :lol:

Voted Pocket rocket, cos softtop is of no use in typical Dutch weather (wet and cold). I'd rather have something a little less fun i can drive all year round than something a bit more fun that i can only drive in summer.

If we're talking GTi versus a similarly priced roadster, GTi all the way. But if we're talking Celica (ridiculous wing included) vs. Audi TT/BMW Z4....well...uhh.....you know how easy that is.

If you're talking Z4 money, the pocket rocket you're most probably looking at is the WRX STi. ;)

Voted Pocket rocket, cos softtop is of no use in typical Dutch weather (wet and cold). I'd rather have something a little less fun i can drive all year round than something a bit more fun that i can only drive in summer.

Pick this...best of both worlds. Although I guess it's technically not a soft-top.

MazdaMX5RoadsterCoupe2.jpg