Belgian cyclist crashes Lambo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian cyclist crashes Lambo

A Belgian pro cyclist, Tom Boonen, has crashed his new yellow Lamborghini Murcielago.
    He drove into a ditch because he had to avoid a cat (well at least that's what he said)
    Pictures:

God I like to punch that guy in the face for that
    Guess he should stayed on his bicycle
    Last edited by eLIX; April 18th, 2007, 6:51 PM.
    Greets eLIX

When I first read the title, I thought that some silly ass belgian cyclist had crashed into a Lambo with his bicycle. When I opened the thread and saw the pictures, I thought "Damn, that must've been some bicycle"
    Voehan rähmä!

Se on nyt nimittäin sillä lailla että...

My gallery: http://raparperi.1g.fi/kuvat/
    The awesome sig was made by public!

Comment

he makes enough money, it'll be fixed in no time. and it was a second hand, so the car is over it's life expectancy anyways

btw, where are you from since you know about this?
      Last edited by bone; April 18th, 2007, 8:37 AM.

Comment

At least he avoided the cat. No wait I mean, damn he didn't even get the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
          he makes enough money, it'll be fixed in no time.
          Exactly. Tom Boonen is that good a cyclist that repairing this will be a drop in the ocean for his bank account.

Swerving to miss a cat, best excuse ever
          I block your signature so I hope you enjoy mine...

Comment

I think I woulda hit the cat if I had a ditch next to me. Then again, natural tendency is to swerve I bet.

But who am I kidding? We all know he was going too fast in his new toy.
            My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
            There is no replacement for displacement.
            - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
            ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
            - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

The car appears to have not so much crashed as fall apart

Comment

Fuck the cat, save the Lambo! Oh wait, there was no cat.
                "That said, I believe going forward that the world is going to be full of these nasty, difficult, unclear conflicts that are going to be energized by poverty, by stateless borders, and by the proliferation of state-like weapons in the hands of organizations that are not in and of themselves states. Typically in the past, these kinds of weapons could only be afforded by states, by countries. Now they will be used on battlefields by rebels, by rogue organizations, even by criminal gangs." - General James F. Amos, the 35th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps

Comment

Rofl, he wrecked a Lambo over a cat? ...yeah.
                  Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                    he makes enough money, it'll be fixed in no time. and it was a second hand, so the car is over it's life expectancy anyways

btw, where are you from since you know about this?
                    I'm from Lochristi (near Gent), so since it was all over any news on the radio I've couldn't missed it
                    Greets eLIX

Comment

He also appears to have driven back and parked it in his back garden afterwards.
                      ...I'm meant to put something here?

Comment

Maybe the structural damage isn't that much, I guess those glass(?)fiber panels rather break and shift then bend like a metal one. But it will be quite costly, that's for sure

Comment

Well at least he was out driving it like it's meant to be instead of keeping it locked away in a garage.

Top Gear
                          [18x04]...I was there!

"You shouldn't drive crappy cars, and you shouldn't drink crappy beer." - Eric Tingwall - Automobile Magazine

Comment

Stick to the Raleigh chopper. Holy hell that's flimsy. Most cars can go into a ditch and survive with a dented bumper or the bumper taken off. The Lambo bumper took a fair bit of the car with it. It's obvious he wasn't going that fast, as there's no damage to the side panels or mirrors. It doesn't look structural though. A pretty easy fix for the lambo boys compared to most other crashes.

Comment

He must have crashed in the Emyn Muil.
                              woohoo someone changed my sig

Comment

Whatever. It's just a Murcielago. There are loads of them.
                                Plus, this is a really old Murcielago anyways. Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by KaJuN View Post
                                  Well at least he was out driving it like it's meant to be instead of keeping it locked away in a garage.
                                  true, gotta give him points for that...
                                  "If you're following your grandmother's ambulance to the hospital and accidentally rear-end the ambulance as it pulls into the trauma bay...
                                  As the confused EMT is coming to get your insurance info, the only truly logical response is to run out to the hospital parking lot, steal a truck, and GTFO "

--------------
                                  <Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
                                  <bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
                                  --------------
                                  "When being persuaded by books you initially disagree with is considered "brainwashing"—well, we're in trouble."

Comment

Originally posted by amdforever View Post
                                    Whatever. It's just a Murcielago. There are loads of them.
                                    Plus, this is a really old Murcielago anyways. Who cares.
                                    o yeah, its a old lambo, so who cares? im sure its way crappier then the cars most of us we drive anyways

some of you guys are so pompous its aggravating

its his car, if he wants to swerve into a ditch thats his choice, its not like he was making a crappy movie and drove a CGT off a cliff for no good reason

Comment

Working...
                                    X