Enzo Ferrari = F60?????

I think the name Enzo Ferrari fits the car perfectly, and i would hope there would be the new F60, however, maybe the Enzo is the F60, and i do know it is name after the founder of the Ferrari.

The F60 doesn't exist. I don't know the internal code, someone said a number earlier in the thread yet wikipedia cites another one. The actual name is Ferrari Enzo Ferrari, at least that's what Car and Driver said in it's article (notice that Wikipedia doesn't cite any references in that section of the article).

All this is confusing, just call it "The Enzo" and get over it :LOL:

I am sorry, but when the Ferrari Enzo was shown as a 'concept', it was called the F60. I know this because I had cut out the news clipping from the Economic Times and pasted in a big book of mine about 5 years ago. At that time, the title Enzo wasnt christened yet, as it was still a prototype. I got a huuge book of Ferrari for Christmas, but its in german, when I find a reliable info in there, I shall post.

Unfortunately that's one of those <ahem> not-so-good Wikipedia articles...

At one point it says that "...the official internal nomclemature is actually F131". That bit is written by somebody who can't form a coherent sentence. Later in the article F140 is mentioned.

These typenumbers refer to the "platform", i.e. chassis, engine and gearbox families. The F131 is the 360, and later 430 platform, with the 430 being called the F131 Evoluzione.

At an early time in the life of the Enzo Ferrari, the gospel was that the cars inhouse codename was FX140, which is in tune with its F140 platform. Also the FXX following it, supports this notion. Sometimes there is little hard info on stuff like this, and it all becomes part of the Ferrari myth.

Here is a much better Wikipedia article on the subject.

And folks, if you haven't got a clue, dare I suggest doing a modicum of research before posting on stuff like this ;)

DJ
--

I just did a google and pasted the first wiki that came up. To be honest I didn't read it closely. To be even more honest I don't give a damn what it is called, I still want one :)

I just did a google and pasted the first wiki that came up. To be honest I didn't read it closely. To be even more honest I don't give a damn what it is called, I still want one :)
My suggestion for research was in a general sense - not aimed at anyone in particular.

And yes, what kind of car nut wouldn't want an Enzo :shock:
...I do care about Ferrari history, though :p

DJ
--

Too bad the Enzo is so ugly, they could have at least named a good looking supercar on the founder of the company. Like the P4-5 concept.

Too bad the Enzo is so ugly, they could have at least named a good looking supercar on the founder of the company. Like the P4-5 concept.

The Enzo is ugly in a purpose-built sort of fashion. The P4-5 is ugly in a bad-90's-concept-car sort of fashion. And that's worse, really.

Well, according to Ferrariworld.com (which is what comes up if you just type in ferrari.com) The engine was called F140 (not sure what the X denoted), and they only refer to the car as "The Enzo Ferrari."

The Enzo is ugly in a purpose-built sort of fashion.

Nah, the F40 was purpose-built fashion. Ferrari could probably shave quite a few pounds off the Enzo by getting rid of that stupid pseudo-F1 inspired nose.

Well, I should believe that the "new" F60 is coming soon, testbed for this is the FXX, and is said to be due by 2010.

Hopefully it'll look more graceful.

The F40 and F50's weren't 10 years apart, so if you're going to be such an asshole about it the F50 wasn't an anniversary car either.

I didn't say the f50 and f40 were 10 years apart idiot, I said they were anniversary editions for celebrating Ferraris 40 and 50 years, so read again morron...

haz

I didn't say the f50 and f40 were 10 years apart idiot, I said they were anniversary editions for celebrating Ferraris 40 and 50 years, so read again morron...

haz

Did your pills run out? You seem awful angsty. If you're going to attempt to insult someones intelligence, spelling the insults correctly is a good first step. Thanks for your reply though.

Less name calling please. :rolleyes:

Did your pills run out? You seem awful angsty. If you're going to attempt to insult someones intelligence, spelling the insults correctly is a good first step. Thanks for your reply though.

I'm surprised by the level of knowledge of some :)

haz

that's priceless, it really is. Fits the thread perfectly!

Now, let's begin discussing something of importance instead of "automobile facts 1.0.1"

haz