what car companies have a prancing horse on their logo?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
... other than porsche and ferrari?

i was talking w an enemy of mine and he insisted there were at least two other companies existing or defunct that also had a prancing horse logo, but couldnt even tell me what they were. i think hes full of it and doing some research on wiki, scanning all the companies i know of, i cant find any others. could they be some long gone companies?

If you include companies that haven't been in business for ages, I wouldn't be surprised to find afew more. IN the St. louis, MO area there were over 400 car makers in the early 1900's.

I never realized there was a horse in the Porsche emblem.

well the mustang has a prancing horse on its logo :p

duh

looks like your screwed otherwise http://gawlowski.com/matt/cars/car_logos.html

i would stop making so many enemies so you don't have to come here and find out theirs no help to be had

Last edited:
well the mustang has a prancing horse on its logo :p

duh

looks like your screwed otherwise http://gawlowski.com/matt/cars/car_logos.html

i would stop making so many enemies so you don't have to come here and find out theirs no help to be had

mustang is a galloping horse tho, not a horse raered up on its hind legs like the other two, and i just asked my archrival and he said the mustang wasnt one of the cars hes thinking of.

I never realized there was a horse in the Porsche emblem.

It's the horse from the Stuttgart coat of arms.

there is also a theory that porsche and ferrari share the same horse for their logos

The Scuderia Ferrari Logo

horse was originally the symbol of Count Francesco Baracca, a legendary "asso" (ace) of the Italian air force during World War I, who painted it on the side of his planes. Baracca died very young on June 19, 1918, shot down after 34 victorious duels and many team victories; he soon became a national hero.

Baracca had wanted the prancing horse on his planes because his squad, the "Battaglione Aviatori", was enrolled in a Cavalry regiment (air forces were at their first years of life and had no separate administration), and also because he himself was reputed to be the best cavaliere of his team.

It has been supposed that the choice of a horse was perhaps partly due to the fact that his noble family was known for having many horses on their estates at Lugo di Romagna. Another theory suggests Baracca copied the rampant horse design from a shot down German pilot who had the emblem of the city of Stuttgart on his plane. This is supported by the evidence that Barraca's horse looks more similar to the one of Stuttgart (not changed since 1938 ) than the current Ferrari design, especially as the legs of the horses are concerned.

Interestingly, rivalling German sports car manufacturer Porsche designed its logo by embeddeding the prancing horse logo of Stuttgart into the emblem of the state of W?rttemberg, just like the city is placed within the state. In the 1920s, Ferdinand Porsche had constructed supercharged cars for Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart before starting his own engineering company there in the 1930s, designing the Auto Union race cars, amongst others.

Curiously, the name Stuttgart is derived from Stutengarten, an ancient form of the modern German word Gest?t, which translates into English as stud farm and into Italian as scuderia. In turn, the Italians call Stuttgart Stoccarda. Obviously, the Ferrari-led Alfa team often met the Silver Arrow teams of Mercedes-Benz (from Stuttgart itself) and later Auto Union at race tracks in the 1920s and 30s, so each knew of the other.
link

when i was kid i always used get confused between the peugeot and the ferrari logo.