Oh Dang..

What else is new?

No, seriously...?

Yeah.... Although this is new news, it's old news too. This has been going for ages and ages, not going to change anytime soon I'm afraid.

At my little rinky dink Nissan dealer, we sold 200 Nissans in the month of May, while the Ford dealer across from us has been slowly reducing their inventory and putting more used cars out on the lot.

Guys, he's right. We are in trouble. They're bringing Chinese cars here. Under the Chrysler name. Commie cars kill capitalists...

LOL, I just read an internal letter at our Buick dealership the GM is catching up to the Asian automakers. I think not.

As a friend puts it: The Big Three urinated all over their domestic customers for thirty years, and played "where ya gonna go?" Well, now there are *no* product lines (save for the 2500/3500 class trucks) that you can't get elsewhere, and there are now *two* generations of people who have never owned a domestic car and no longer consider them as viable options.

It's probably just wishful thinking... :lol:

LOL, I just read an internal letter at our Buick dealership the GM is catching up to the Asian automakers. I think not.

It would be nice to see GM downsize a bit. Think about it, the smaller automakers are the most desirable. Who the fuck wants a Toyota? :barf:

^ But GM can't possibly downsize. I think what's kept them alive so long is the fact that they own a variety of different marques that compete with each other head on. If you ever took business classes you'd know all that does is promote a healthier and more profitable business.

But GM doesn't have to be Number 1 to make a profit.

^ But GM can't possibly downsize. I think what's kept them alive so long is the fact that they own a variety of different marques that compete with each other head on. If you ever took business classes you'd know all that does is promote a healthier and more profitable business.

The problem is that those divisions don't actually compete, they just rebadge. As Peter Delorenzo is so fond of saying: "GM has too many identical cars, too many divisions, and far too much redundancy." They need to pare it down to three brands: Chevrolet cars, Buick, and Cadillac, plus GMC for *all* trucks. And perhaps plus Saab. Saturn is questionable. Pontiac has outlived its usefulness.

And as anyone in Business 201 can tell you, NEVER compete against yourself.

I was trying to be sarcasmo.

The problem is that those divisions don't actually compete, they just rebadge. As Peter Delorenzo is so fond of saying: "GM has too many identical cars, too many divisions, and far too much redundancy." They need to pare it down to three brands: Chevrolet cars, Buick, and Cadillac, plus GMC for *all* trucks. And perhaps plus Saab. Saturn is questionable. Pontiac has outlived its usefulness.

And as anyone in Business 201 can tell you, NEVER compete against yourself.

Ehh I would replace Buick with Pontiac, you don't need two up level lux like divisions, but otherwise I agree with you.

Caddy can just cover entry level Lux all the way up to High end lux just like lexus does.