any production V8 FWD cars exist?

If I remember Chrysler built the entire car, Maserati sent the cylinder head development and production off to Cosworth which was then shipped to Maser, assembled and shipped back.

Anyone wonder why that car cost so much and isn't exactly a well regarded vehicle? I must admit it has done a surprisingly good job at holding it's value.

I think it was worse than that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati

"The 2.2 "Maserati" engine was truly international: The cylinder head was cast in England by Cosworth and finished in Italy by Maserati. The pistons came from Mahle GmbH in Germany, and a Japanese turbocharger was sourced from IHI. The camshafts were designed by Florida-based Crane but were constructed by Maserati in Modena. The rest of the engine was made in the United States and was similar to the Turbo II. The normal Turbo II was used on automatic transmission-equipped cars."

The Cosworth-modified engine didn't work out so well and was replaced by a Mitsu V6 after the first year. 75% of the parts came from Italy.

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri33.htm

Overall impression: "Ugh. Trying *way* too hard."

And so did I. :D

Can't believe they put that V8 in a FWD car...

mautzel you are a gentleman - many thanks!

OK chaps - the power of the internet - even if it is wrong all too often.

My dad had an A8 3.7. Learned to "drive" in it (quotations since automatic isn't really driving). It did just fine, no torque steer (I was a very dumb teen and floored it once in a while), no real handling problems (for a two ton car to say the least).

And yes, only available in FWD.

father_of_psychosteer.jpg

And an original Toronado.

I may have commented on this before, or not but all I could think of was this:

"And this Class is why we call it Wrong Wheel Drive"

Wow, that suspension is far beyond being soft... The Caddy is nearly laying on its door (upper picture) and still has all wheels on the road. :blink:

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong: I guess the Caddy is not moving at all, but the driver weighed a ton.