Why are Jaguars so cheap?

tedvwsmall.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy_Chappaquiddick_incident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

Indeed, my friend had a Beetle where you had to crack a window or your ears would pop when the door was shut.

It also has 150 HP. And yes, it does lift the front wheels off the ground full throttle from a stop.

Indeed, my friend had a Beetle where you had to crack a window or your ears would pop when the door was shut.

It also has 150 HP. And yes, it does lift the front wheels off the ground full throttle from a stop.

Must be great fun :)
Videos, please?

Nah, most of them are a little better than that.

On the other hand, it must have been embarrassing for BMW and Mercedes to know that they spent billions of dollars trying to eliminate IRS wheel hop only to have it solved by an American GM engineer for about $500.

That's so fucked up it's hilarious. :lmao:

I saw a pair of Series IIIs in some tiny unincorporated town not too long ago. One was disassembled and the other, I think, had an American flag painted on it. If I can find them on my way home I'll take some pictures :mrgreen:.

Five will get you ten that the "American Flag" car has a (ugh) V8 conversion, probably a 305. :p

You don't understand.... the 305s most of these idiots use make *less* power than the original Jaguar engine does.

The worst I've seen was a Series 2 XJ12 with a "Corvette" engine. A smog-neutered lump of useless V8 from a 1972 Corvette, that is. What a waste of an XJ12!

The worst I've seen was a Series 2 XJ12 with a "Corvette" engine. A smog-neutered lump of useless V8 from a 1972 Corvette, that is. What a waste of an XJ12!

Yeah, that's the other really common one. Usually those engines only have 150-180hp in reality... which begs the question of why someone swapped a 180hp engine into a V12 car that had a 272hp engine to begin with (and usually the original Jag V12 isn't dead, which makes it even more puzzling!)

You sure about that? My father's 1994 XJ40 XJ6 S was bulletproof in comparison to his Series III. That car had some serious gremlins, it refused to start up half the time, the RAA (Royal Automobile club, the roadside assistance guys) were always around to get the car started. Once the horn just went off and got stuck for no apparent reason. A garbage man had to help my mum turn it off. Not just ours though, it wasn't nearly as bad as one of my friend's Series III, which would suddenly stall while driving with no warning, whatsoever...

I find it funny that you guys owned another one after that one did that shit.

You don't understand.... the 305s most of these idiots use make *less* power than the original Jaguar engine does.

Everytime I've seen/heard of a Jag swapped with a Chevy v8, it's usually owned by some guy who couldn't afford to keep a 3 year old Honda civic on the road. So naturally he pulls the Chevy out of the truck his grand father owned since before anyone on this forum was born and crams it in there because he can't figure out how to change the rotors on the Series III :p

Yeah, that's the other really common one. Usually those engines only have 150-180hp in reality... which begs the question of why someone swapped a 180hp engine into a V12 car that had a 272hp engine to begin with (and usually the original Jag V12 isn't dead, which makes it even more puzzling!)
Fuel economy, man! :p

Seems totally and utterly stupid to me in reality, though.