A new way to loosen stubborn lug nuts

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7091904.stm

A US man has injured himself in both legs after attempting to loosen a stiff wheel-nut by blasting it with his gun.

The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.

Shooting at the wheel from arm's length with his 12-gauge shotgun, he was peppered with buckshot and debris.

The man - whom police say was on his own and not intoxicated - was taken to hospital with severe, but not life-threatening, injuries.

The man, from South Kitsap, 10 miles (16km) southwest of Seattle, had been repairing his Lincoln Continental for two weeks, according to the police, and had removed all but one of the nuts on the right rear wheel.

Frustrated by the one remaining nut which refused to budge, he resorted to fire power in an effort to shift it.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," said Deputy Scott Wilson, a spokesman from the sheriff's office.

He sustained injuries from his feet to the middle of his abdomen, with some pellets reaching as high as his chin, police said.
:lmao:

I wonder if it worked...

Well, he is from Washington...

(Don't tell BigJ I said that!)

hahah i wonder what the thought process is when you decide to shoot something off with a gun?

I'm sure many of us have been in a situation like that before, but most of us just swear and pound the shit out of it with a hammer. :p

good point i was standing on a rachet this weekend while trying to remove the munched turbo from my friend joels TSi.

:lol: If it took me 2 weeks to get a lug nut off I'd probably resort to firearms too.

I wonder if he tried taking it to a mechanic with an Air Tool or borrowing one from someone if the car can't be moved.

I love how they have to clarify that no, he was NOT intoxicated. :lol:

A shotgun? And arm's length? No Your Honor, he was NOT intoxicated, but simply retarded. (Though I can't blame him, I would have just shot the rest of the car with it instead.)

Ah, that's fantastically stupid and funny :lol:

LOL sounds bit like the American way of solving problems :p

But seriously though I would really like to see that nut, i mean how hard can it be :mrgreen:

Was it rusted, too tight of was there no thread left to onbolt it. Hard to imagine that there were no options left so it was time to get the gun out. :rolleyes:

I'm sure many of us have been in a situation like that before, but most of us just swear and pound the shit out of it with a hammer. :p

Most of us don't have guns either :p

And JoHaan, the American way of solving problems is to put a small block in/on it! If that shot gun was firing SBCs there would'nt have been a problem :p

Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters, I'd like to see dynamite involved. :p