Mugen Honda Legend Max - a Honda with POWER? WTF!

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
(Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet.)

WTF, a Honda with real power? :eek:

Stolen from DieselStation.com.

Mugen Legend Max
The Study Concept Model "LM (LEGEND MAX)"

Mugen concocted this insane Legend Max study concept using its own 4-liter, 500hp V8, proven in the American Le Mans Series (dig those Weber-style intake horns!), along with some extra goodies, to turn a nondescript Japan-spec Acura Legend (that?s ?RL? in Japanese) into an AMG-killing super sedan.

mug_lm-01.jpg

mug_lm-02.jpg

mug_lm-03.jpg

mug_lm-04.jpg

mug_lm-05.jpg

05tas-04.jpg

05tas-05.jpg

05tas-07.jpg

Specifications and Equipment

Engine
* Engine name: Mugen MF408S
* Engine type: V8 Naturally Aspirated
* Displacement: 4.0Liters
* Horsepower: over 500ps
* Valvetrain: 32 valves, DOHC

Dimensions
* Overall Length: 4980mm
* Overall Width: 1905mm
* Wheelbase: 2800mm

Wheels and Tires
* Wheel: 18" Alloy (18x9.5JJ)- they look like Mugen NR wheels with a center cap and in a new color
* Tire: 275/35R18

Brakes
* Rotor: 5 slit
* Pad: Type Competition
* Hose: Micro Mesh Brake Lines

Interior
* Seat: bucket type (front)- not the currently available Mugen bucket seats, these have position adjustments

Color
* Exterior: Firecracker Red
* Interior: Black and Blue

Mugen MF408S engine
Debuting in the 2002 ALMS (American Le Mans Series), this 4 liter V8 engine has seen action every year since then. In 2004, it was used in the JGTC Series by the VEMAC RD408R GT500 class racing machine.

Specs for the MF408S in the VEMAC RD408R
* Layout: 90 degree V8 Naturally Aspirated
* Displacement: 4000cc
* Horsepower: 590hp / 9500rpm
* torque: 383lb/ft / 7500rpm
* Restrictor: 33.4mm x2 or 46.8mm x1
* Clutch: Carbon 4 plate
* length: 559mm
* width: 720mm
* height: 577mm
* weight: 131kg
590 HP outta a naturally aspirated 4-liter engine. Now that's scary... Okay, so it requires the engine to be revved to 9500 RPM and the tourque isn't all that much really, but still.

WOW

A 590bhp V8 Honda?

I'll have to see it in real to believe it

It wasn't made by Honda, rather a tuning group, but still...

Look too much like a ricer, but how much would I like to turn up at the stop lights with a V8 Honda!

The engine looks way too cool

i like the car too. but the shape of the body is not that great. they should stick this in to a NSX or S2000 Type R :woot:

383lb-ft from 4 liters? Dang, can that thing even idle? The thought of 590hp at 9500rpm is awesome, though. :thumbsup:

jasonchiu said:
i like the car too. but the shape of the body is not that great. they should stick this in to a NSX or S2000 Type R :woot:
I love the body personally.

Viper007Bond said:
jasonchiu said:
I love the body personally.
It reminds me of the previous generation Mustangs and the Cobra R, but that might just be the color.

Yeah, wasn't this thing at the NAIAS???? Mugen is an amazing tuning group...they make some awesome stuff. I don't overly care for the body either, but hey....a Honda with a kickass V8.... :drool:

I think NBC is airing something about NAIAS on TV tomorrow at 1 est I think.

could have been the next hyundai tiburon with those looks

and honda's are cool caus they get a lot of power from small engines, now they just turned into an american brand

and the legend is FWD, with 590 bhp :unsure:

bone said:
could have been the next hyundai tiburon with those looks

and honda's are cool caus they get a lot of power from small engines, now they just turned into an american brand

and the legend is FWD, with 590 bhp :unsure:

The new RL uses Honda's new SHAWD (Super-Handling-All-Wheel-Drive). What SHAWD does is move power from wheel to wheel in order to eliminate understeer. So if you are going though a right hairpin, most of the power will go on the rear-right tire, then when oversteer is detected, power will shift to the left.

And i wouldn't say they turned into a American brand, since the engine is still a 4 liter...vipers and corvettes that make 500hp have over 7liters (over 8 for viper) of displacement.

I personally think it looks good, the hood scoop looks kinda weird on that car, and the honda logo on the bottom grille looks bad, other then that it looks really good.

WOW :shock:
That looks like a beast :woot:

p0w3r said:
And i wouldn't say they turned into a American brand, since the engine is still a 4 liter...vipers and corvettes that make 500hp have over 7liters (over 8 for viper) of displacement.
True, but the Vette and Viper have what's called torque. :p Plus, they have both torque and horsepower over a wide range instead of in the plus 8000 RPM range. You gotta rev the hell outta that Honda to get anywhere.

muumipeikko said:
Look too much like a ricer, but how much would I like to turn up at the stop lights with a V8 Honda!

The engine looks way too cool

*dreams about that*

Viper007Bond said:
p0w3r said:
True, but the Vette and Viper have what's called torque. :p Plus, they have both torque and horsepower over a wide range instead of in the plus 8000 RPM range. You gotta rev the hell outta that Honda to get anywhere.
I'm not saying that Vipers and Corvettes are bad, sorry if came out that way :p

I'm just trying to say that even though it's a V8, it's still a fairly small V8...

(but then again, most race cars have little torque...even the heavy nascar cup cars have 'only' around 400ft lbs, they get their speed from the 700 hp....and open wheel cars have even less torque :D)