The Porsche B32 - A Porsche Factory built VW T3

Bubs360

Car(s)
'91 Sentra SE-R, 2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i
Manual.jpg

I discovered something interesting over the past week or so, it started with finding a manual for something called a "Porsche B32" on an eBay auction. On the auction pictures, a Vanagon was shown in the manual. With a bit of research, with information hard to find, I present you with a Porsche-badged, Porsche-factory-built and registered Vanagon, one of 10 or so ever built.
scan1.jpg

From the myths about the B32, I've heard that the first was a support vehicle circa 1984 when Porsche was racing the 959 in the Paris to Dakar race. When it came back to Zuffenhausen, Dr. Porsche borrowed it to haul the kids to school. It was at that point that they decided to produce a more refined version that Mrs. Porsche could drive. Official numbers are rumored to be 11 produced.

I don't have a lot of information yet, but this is still pretty cool. They were apparently equipped with a 231PS flat-six Porsche engine, and had brake and suspension upgrades to boot, along with a Porsche quality leather interior. An interesting find -- I hope to get more research done on this soon.

Wicked cool. :think:

Now that Porsche controls 50% or so of VW, let's hope they can pull off something this rad without anything as lame as the Cayenne.

Do want!

That is all I have to say.

Last edited:
OMG! This thing is probably incredibly dangerous to drive! A completely rear weight biased vehicle with no downforce in front. High rollover chance, vague steering and a chasis and panels made with leafs. Do I have to bring up the crash test of a VW Transporter where the cabin is smashed completely?

But I have to admit, it looks very cool :)

OMG! This thing is probably incredibly dangerous to drive!
:lol: Safety is overrated anyway. I like it; I can't think of anything stranger than a Porsche minivan.

:lol: Safety is overrated anyway. I like it; I can't think of anything stranger than a Porsche minivan.

A Porsche pick-up truck? This will be a complete oxymoron :D

A Porsche pick-up truck? This will be a complete oxymoron :D

Isn't VW is testing a pickup variant of the Touareg right now? Guess whats next. Audi Q7 pickup, and then Porsche Cayenne pickup.

LOL! :D And after that - Porsche Cayenne Pick-up HYBRID ;)

As long as it comes with the Westfalia camper package, complete with stove, sink, and refrigerator, then I'm a...happy camper. :drums:

camper.jpg

I would change the wheels, but otherwise its pretty cool and definitely individual.

That looks badass.
231 hp means these van thingies will finally move at a speed faster than the regular house snail...