Our "own" car reviews

I find it very easy in city streets, despite being intimidatingly large. Does it have front/rear parking sensors and camera? With that you're golden. The car is almost dead square, the front of the nose is about half a meter in front of your knees :lol: That combined with a quite excellent turning radius makes it an easy city car for me at least.

Parking sensors on both ends, but no camera. I'm fine with parking in and of itself, what bugs me most is making tight turns from one narrow one-way street into another narrow one-way street that are made even tighter by people parking like many idiots on all four corners. Parking is made annoying of course by many spots being simply too short - if the spot was nice for a Golf then this isn't going to fit, no matter how well it turns and how rectangular (square?!? :blowup:) it is.

From what I've seen so far, here's the most relevant pieces of kit: RNS510, Webasto with separate remote fob, tri-zone A/C, xenons, seven seats (two front, two middle, three rear bench - currently six fitted), somewhat integrated booster seats, folding blind-spot-warning auto-dimming mirrors, two sliding doors, terribly dirty on the inside :yucky:, all the cubbyholes are filled with stuff, no flappy paddles to fiddle with :( it seems to be the "Match" edition, whatever that means.

Last edited:
Drove from Oslo to T?nsberg just now (20% city, 80% highway at 90-110 kph) with an average of 9.7l/100km. Right under 70 kph average. Wet roadsurface and on studded winter tires.

I got to drive the new Mitsubishi Attrage last week. It's a very reasonably priced smallish sedan.
Car comes with a 1.2 liter engine that produces 80 bhp.
They only come in one trim level in Belgium, "Intense", which covers pretty much everything you'd expect for a car in this price range. Automatic aircon, alloy wheels, heated mirrors... blabla.
I'll compare it mostly to the Colt, as that is the older model closest to the Attrage's price range, and I've had experience with three different Colt CZs.

Interior :
The dash layout is similar to the current Spacestar. With a wheelbase of 2,5 meter, there's no lack of space. The boot is quite voluminous. Everything feels solid (but the car only had 160km on the clock) and well assembled. A step up from the Colt.
The aircon did what was expected but I took my test drive on an overcast day with light drizzle, so no idea how it'll cope with summer heat. If my experience with the Colts is anything to go by, it'll cope. Just about.
The radio is basic. There's Aux and USB inputs. Sound quality and volume are par for the course. Not great by any means.
The seats were rather comfy. Not a lot of driving noises until you push the engine somewhat.
Mitsubishi stock picture as I didn't have a camera with me. I will say it looks a lot better IRL than it does in the picture.
attrage_interieur.jpg

Engine :
1.2 liter 3 cylinder engine, coupled in this case to a CVT transmission. No flappy paddles.
With only 160 kms on the clock, the engine obviously needs to open up some. Still, it surprised me with its eagerness to rev. This was my first time driving any kind of automatic transmission. Not having to deal with a clutch is nice in heavy traffic but on the open road I definitely prefer stick. Only took the car up to 4000 rpm (because brand new, and not my property) but it had plenty of zing and managed to keep up with traffic nicely. Surprising, given the size of the car (4,25 m). Not so surprising when you consider the weight, which is only 945 kg.

Handling/ride :
With a wheelbase that's only 8 cm shorter than the current Lancer, it's no surprise that the car feels well planted. I took it on some twisty country roads and it felt secure at all times. Copes with bumps fairly well but it is obvious that the suspension isn't the most sophisticated. No teeth rattling moments though.

Overall impression :
It's obviously not a car aimed at the young driver or the car enthusiast. It's affordable transport for the masses. And it definitely does the job. Not sure how it will fare in the Belgian market, where the crossover and hatchback are king.
Ride quality is good, most of the trimmings are there and the engine should be reasonably frugal.
Am I in the market for one? No. But if my mother should decide to get rid of her Colt, I'd definitely recommend the Attrage.

Is that what we in North America refer to as the Mirage? I can't tell without a profile pic. Because if it's, I wouldn't recommend that to even the most ardent car non-enthusiast.

Is that what we in North America refer to as the Mirage? I can't tell without a profile pic. Because if it's, I wouldn't recommend that to even the most ardent car non-enthusiast.

Yup. The Attrage is a Mirage sedan. Apparently Canada is tipped to get it shortly. US may or may not.

I've never heard of an Attrage... weird name for a weird car. Good review though

Dem tiny tiny wheels

Mitsubishi-Attrage-review-35.jpg

Surprised they sell it in Belgium. Would expect Russia.

I've never heard of an Attrage... weird name for a weird car. Good review though
It'll be introduced during the Salon in January.
And thank you:)

- - - Updated - - -

Why is that? I've driven far worse cars:dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised they sell it in Belgium. Would expect Russia.
Yep. A very a-typical car for our market.

Last edited:
So there is a way to make the Space Star even worse :lol: 90s technology, but sadly price from 2014.

Took the T5 to work today... and "grocery" shopping after. Superior tool for the job :lol:

Disregard the empty diaper boxes. The rear bench is slid back very far, for lots of space between the bench and the middle seats to plonk kids into their seats. Still enough space.

Climb aboard...

...into lots of buttons and lights.

Tiny steering wheel is tiny. Also, disregard the lady on the dash. Not my car :p

Commute to work was 8.0l/100km over 9km from cold in mild December weather, top speed 100km/h for a short sprint, average 35-40. The picture is since I took it over, and that includes quite a lot of teaching the parents to use the car... they're old :lol: so lots of idling and creeping around, so the actual figure would be maybe 7.6l/100km with that factored out.

Last edited:
Party at Narf's place!

This. Also the cloth pattern for the front seats is very Shagtastic, very unnarflike.
Is your brother the polar opposite of you perhaps? Is his forum name fraN?

This. Also the cloth pattern for the front seats is very Shagtastic, very unnarflike.
Is your brother the polar opposite of you perhaps? Is his forum name fraN?

We're quite different, yes :lol: automotive is just one aspect where it shows... for example, he likes all-seasons :puke:

iSQv2hz.jpg

3ilLPZj.jpg

GranTurismo S (automatic, not F1).

Sound: 10/10

Apart from that, the brakes feel weird, the seats are rather loose (GT car I guess) and it feels like a boat when cornering, lol. Acceleration is nice, but you don't feel the sensation of being pushed back into the seat (although strangely you do as the passenger). Steering wheel is a bit thin for my liking (but then I am used to the M-Sport one in my 2 series). Feels a lot slower than it actually is at high speeds...

Also, some of the buttons are kinda sticky. LOL

Last edited:
Why is that? I've driven far worse cars:dunno:
Let's see. Gutless, noisy, hideous plastic interior, unreliable, way overpriced (even if you don't like cars, you can get something far better lightly used) and provides the stimulation of a mosquito flying just within earshot of your still too sleepy head to get up and seat it.

Oh, and the fact that Mitsu (in Canada and US, at least) is in palliative care. We're just waiting for it to die.

he likes all-seasons :puke:

I know people like that too. I usually nod and back away slowly when they start to argue they're "just as good as winter tyres without the hassle of changing every other season"