Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

What I need is a classic, stylish, but not too big crew cab pickup, with a luxury but hoseable interior, propelled by a small but torquey turbodiesel mated to a modern 7 or 8 speed transmission, sitting on a updated, reliable hydronumatic suspension.

If I can find that I'll be happy.

Have you seen the Diesel thread? If I had to have one car, I would have the Cherokee Cheif I posted in there. Late 70s Cherokee Cheif with a Cummins 6bt and a Manual transmission.

Loads of torque, Decent Fuel mileage, capable 4x4 and it's a classic.

Why would you put a diesel in this rat rod.

Anyone know where I can find car sales figures for 2010? I need a year end total far a certain model.

Last edited:
401?

Why would you put a diesel in this rat rod.

Question asked, question answered. Did you watch that video? This deserves to be in the Awesome Thread.

Last edited:
He had to drive reeeealy fast to have his Audi wrap the tree like that. Lack of justice for the people who were with him, and the dude in the flipped car. :(

That reminds me of that RS6 accident in Luxembourg which ended a lot better.

^
* shudders at crash pics *

A new documentary being shown tonight -
BBC Horizon: Surviving a Car Crash

BBC Website said:
Horizon meets the scientists working to make fatal car crashes a thing of the past.

A remarkable fusion of mechanical engineering and biology promises to save countless lives across the world.

The programme has exclusive access to the secretive world of the most advanced car crash tests.

Horizon reveals how the latest advances in trauma medicine, psychology and even extreme sport are transforming your chances of surviving on the roads.

And the programme shows how researchers are creating a new virtual crash test dummy that could change how our cars are designed forever.

On BBC 2 at 21:00 UK time, on the iPlayer from tomorrow and thence probably around on the Interwebs.

:|

Last edited:
Yippie! The mailman came and delivered the rear fog lights for my installation, a stubby radio antenna and the "flexpod" cell phone mount. Merry Christmas to me!

I aways thought the X-runner was quite ugly.

Much prefer other sport trucks such as the lightning and SRT10.

I aways thought the X-runner was quite ugly.

Much prefer other sport trucks such as the lightning and SRT10.

Neither of which are in production :p

They were faster and more expensive anyway. I'm just surprised it's still around, I've never heard of or seen it outside of Gran Turismo. That and the shock of Toyota making a genuinely interesting vehicle.