Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Im gonna make a hybrid car that uses its electric engine all the time and the petrol/diesel for only charging the battery. And Ill call it FullHybrid!
:lol: Or you could call it a Chevy Volt.

....works in the lower rev range...

well, you'd think, with a 6 gear car, if you upshifted at like 7k rpm, you'd wind up at 5k in the next gear, which should still be enough to keep the turbo pumping... the only problem would be the pressure loss in the meantime.

:lol: Or you could call it a Chevy Volt.

Or an Aptera Type-1h. Or basically any series hybrid.

Why can't anyone build an SUV/Crossover/Soft Roader/whatever you want to call it without retarded C pillars.

Apparently its a rule where the rear windows must curve up or down in a way that completely hinders your line of sight and creates horrible blind spots for no reason.

I don't know what type of asinine design rules companies are going by, but I would be relieved to see a nice, clean, well thought out window with a normal C pillar.

these suck:

2008_Honda_CR-V_side.jpg

2007.nissan.murano_a.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, GM has an official Wiki! :drool:

http://wiki.gmnext.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I came across it when I was looking up William Crapo Durant; after all it's GM's 100th anniversary and eventually Durant died penniless, broke, and insane. Wikipedia doesn't have anything on the last part, so I clicked the link and was treated to a glowing review of his life: "He never lost his dignity and charm."

:lol:

But hey, this site has potential! So I did the next natural thing and searched: "Cadillac Cimmaron (sic)".

No results for "cimmaron". The first topic was "How Cadillac Set a Standard that Lives on Today", rather fittingly. Wait, I probably typed that wrong.
"Cimarron": 2 results found. (Did you mean Cameroon?)

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I learned about the legendary 1988 Pontiac Sunbird GT. :D

Wonder what I'll get if I type in "Pontiac Aztek"?

Edit: nothing...yet.

I saw a bright yellow Daewoo Matiz today sporting both "V6" and "4x4" badges, aswell as flowery stickers and an "L" (learner driver).

I thought it was awesome.

It would have been funnier if they would have hacked the 2 off the end.

V1? :lol:

and I'm honestly shocked because last night my friend and I were driving around in his parent's new pontiac G6 GT and after a few full throttle launches and pulls, I actually think my Buick is faster, I'm certain it presses you into the seat harder than the G6,

I'm not bragging by any means, I just thought something brand new with 220+ horses would make my buick feel painfully slow.

I guess its just another example of new cars weighing too much. :dunno:

double post but...

I was supposed to get my wheels alligned today and when I went over to pick up the car about 20 minutes ago they told me I need some big work done.

they said the wheels are almost ready to fall off and they are afraid to lift it up the way it is :blink:

apparently I need new lower ball joints in the front as well as new wheel bearing/hub assemblies and these were all replaced less than a year ago:blink:

so I'm pretty much fucked for driving because there's no way I can afford that and the car isn't exactly worth anything either...

If anyone remembers me saying I saw a Renault Clio up here at school, well, I found it again. :woot:

0917081022.jpg

I was late for class so that was the only picture I could take, hopefully its still there later. I've always liked the Clio, but now I'm actually impressed. If it was sold here I would have to think about buying one of this generation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I'm guessing its a student from Europe just here for the year? I didn't even have time to look at what kind of license plates it had. If its still there a little later I'll try to investigate a little more.

Mexico probably. There was a meixcan registered Renault Clio around UTD last year.

Well, it sure doesn't look like a European plate.

It's great that a car so ordinary in Europe is something of a rarity to someone in North America.
Then again, I saw a late '80s Dodge Dynasty the other week (blood-red interior) and found that almost exciting :p

I now have two friends who have proudly purchased brand-new Camrys. My level of facepalm knows no bounds.

Loads of Clios and Meganes back home, all from Mexico. And a few Peugeots imported privately. Stopped being exciting, but still interesting