Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I've suddenly had the craving for an electric Mini, after reading pages on this website and watching the following video:

Free tax, free charging in a car park 3 streets away from my office and cheap fuel! There's just something about the Mini too that makes it cool, plus you can buy fibreglass panels off the shelf to make it lighter.

It was more of a Soviet Realistic art performance.
Then get off your chair, go to the garage, pull an allnighter getting the Polo running!

After watching almost all of the Barrett Jackson footage for this year's auction, I want a modern American muscle car/sports car. Badly.

The urges for GT500s and Boss 302s are strong. Same for a C7. Or a Challenger.

I'm with you there. I need the sound of a V8 in my life. I check C6 prices on a near daily basis. :p

Yes you do. :D

Just saw this episode of this show after the Barrett Jackson broadcast ended. I know exactly where this road is, but I never knew it was so epic up there. Looks damn fun. Gonna have to hit it up sometime soon.

plus you can buy fibreglass panels off the shelf to make it lighter.
You wouldn't have to if it wasn't full of batteries...

Seriously, about all the Mini has to offer is a fun drive when it isn't shattering your spine and dissolving on a humid day. I fail to see how fitting a gimmicky power plant and weighing down a car that already gets 40mpg and can already be found in tax free form when stock improves it...

You wouldn't have to if it wasn't full of batteries...

Seriously, about all the Mini has to offer is a fun drive when it isn't shattering your spine and dissolving on a humid day. I fail to see how fitting a gimmicky power plant and weighing down a car that already gets 40mpg and can already be found in tax free form when stock improves it...

You forget that the classic Mini actually has an aftermarket so parts can be something resembling affordable there - unlike the Dolomite. You can also easily improve the suspension and somewhat improve the water-solubility of the Mini.

Have you gotten any nibbles on those yet?

Fucking alternators...

had a buddy whose alternator crapped out on his Crown Vic. Terrible bearing noises, etc.

Took it to a shop and, naturally, it stopped making the noise. He told them "Trust me. It's bad. Change it."

Later on, he got a call saying "Yeah, this alternator is bad. Also, your entire engine bay is covered in a fine dust that we think is from the alternator."

it could ALWAYS be worse.

Fucking alternators...

had a buddy whose alternator crapped out on his Crown Vic. Terrible bearing noises, etc.

Took it to a shop and, naturally, it stopped making the noise. He told them "Trust me. It's bad. Change it."

Later on, he got a call saying "Yeah, this alternator is bad. Also, your entire engine bay is covered in a fine dust that we think is from the alternator."

The Saab would help me more, since it has a bigger boot ? we're moving apartment next month.
Isn't the Saab "just" a matter of willingness to get it out of storage and into the winter weather?

Yup, you could be this guy: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tech-general-engine/616624-guys-my-alternator-caught.html?styleid=

Not only did his alternator go on fire, he's stuck with a third-gen Fail-body...

Isn't the Saab "just" a matter of willingness to get it out of storage and into the winter weather?

Yeah, but tire changes in -20?C weather aren't what I call a good time. :p

I'll just wait it out until I get the 205 back.