Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I've managed 0 since I got my licence almost 10 years ago. :p

Same here. And I'm not a slow driver, I do 5-10 over just about everywhere. I'm not sure if it's my car blending in or the cops not giving a fuck.

I got one for 4 over about 3 years ago but a judge knocked it down to impeding traffic. Does that count?

On the topic of that ticket, if i didnt tell my insurance company about it, would they know about it? if they did see it, would they see the speeding ticket it originally was or just the impeding traffic it ended as? its 2 points vs no points so it can make a big difference in my insurance rates. I dont want to just ask my insurance agent because if they didnt know about it, i dont want my asking to increase my rates.

My insurer is rather eagle eyed on this. When I was ticketed years ago I noticed my insurance rate increased, then when I had it thrown out in court my insurance went back to normal.

I got one for 4 over about 3 years ago but a judge knocked it down to impeding traffic. Does that count?
.... Wait. Your speeding ticket became 'Impeding traffic'? As in you were in the way? As in not driving fast enough?

That is excellent.

My insurer is rather eagle eyed on this. When I was ticketed years ago I noticed my insurance rate increased, then when I had it thrown out in court my insurance went back to normal.

This ticket was from when I was still on my parents insurance so I never saw whether there was an increase or not. I'm also not sure whether mine was really "thrown out" or not since there was still a ticket, it just wasn't a ticket worth any points.

.... Wait. Your speeding ticket became 'Impeding traffic'? As in you were in the way? As in not driving fast enough?

That is excellent.

At least in Michigan, judges don't throw speeding tickets out in most cases. They just knock it down to "impeding traffic" which is no points (vs 2pts for 1-5mph over) and a slightly higher fine. In my case, the ticket was $100 fine for speeding vs $140 for impeding traffic. Given our already insane insurance costs, most drivers are more than happy to pay a higher fine versus letting their insurance costs skyrocket.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket, either. Maybe due to my avoidance of cars with garish paint and silly spoilers.

The first time I was ever pulled over for speeding , I think I was doing 50 in a 35, I was in this:
oldsmobile-cutlass-ciera-06.jpg

The 2nd time, I was in a pickup truck doing 103mph in a 45mph.

Got a warning both times.

This ticket was from when I was still on my parents insurance so I never saw whether there was an increase or not. I'm also not sure whether mine was really "thrown out" or not since there was still a ticket, it just wasn't a ticket worth any points.

By "thrown out" I mean I went to court and the judge nullified it.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket, either. Maybe due to my avoidance of cars with garish paint and silly spoilers.

I've been ticketed twice and pulled over four times for speeding. The ticked incidences were in a Red Mustang and a woodie Roadmaster. The two non ticketed ones were in a green Volvo.

Been pulled over or signaled to slow down many times (a few times for using only half of the available wheels on my vehicle), but only gotten 2 tickets in the 24 years I've been driving.

The first one 24 years ago, the second around 10 years ago, both for going roughly 20km/h over (2 points).

Indeed. I love that the best photo I can find to showcase the glory that is the 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra is from that movie. Not quite North Dakota, but when I owned it, I lived in Wisconsin.

Indeed. I love that the best photo I can find to showcase the glory that is the 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra is from that movie. Not quite North Dakota, but when I owned it, I lived in Wisconsin.

That was the best thing to ever happen in or around that car.

My last speeding ticket was in.. 2008? I was still driving the 323 HB with the awesome 1.3 75 hp powerhouse.

Never been ticketed for speeding either, although I once did get a letter for 10 over (10?) with a very nice picture of my mother in it :D

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

On the topic of that ticket, if i didnt tell my insurance company about it, would they know about it? if they did see it, would they see the speeding ticket it originally was or just the impeding traffic it ended as? its 2 points vs no points so it can make a big difference in my insurance rates. I dont want to just ask my insurance agent because if they didnt know about it, i dont want my asking to increase my rates.

I wonder about that. Illinois doesn't use a point system so, do they hop on public record websites and check?

15 years, wow, that's impressive. I average one ever 3 years or so :lol:

I've been good for about 3 years now, but my normal before that was about once a year.

- - - Updated - - -

That's weird as usually they go by whether you were convicted or not.

Insurance companies do track your driving record but with all the ones I been with it's always been at renewal time.

- - - Updated - - -

Given our already insane insurance costs, most drivers are more than happy to pay a higher fine versus letting their insurance costs skyrocket.
You don't have insane insurance costs :p