Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yep. If I lived in the US I'd probably bought at least something like a F-body Mustang as a first car.

According to their article the Ecoboost Mustang starts at more than TT and still outsells it.

It does, by quite a bit - doesn't surprise me though because all the housewives who would buy a TT are now busy buying MX-5s, and the rest who has an interest in sports cars doesn't look for a TT, they go sports car hunting (e.g. said 'stang) instead. In the end, the TT is just a Golf. A god damn capable Golf, but nonetheless a Golf.

Also, what Cowboy said

Nothing against you or you posting it - it's against CT.
It's just that I tend to have more and more hate against Car Throttle and their click-baiting, no-research articles fed by a community of people who don't even have a driver's permit ... People love to hate about Alex Kersten;- but you know what, he might be the only proper car nut at CT who thinks about creating car related stuff because he likes it and not because it creates ad revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

What you have to take into account for that is that this is the first time in recent history you can actually buy a mustang in Urape whithout the whole 'grey import' hassle, not everyone wants to go through that, some people just want to buy a car at a dealership, factory warranty, no paperwork and no TUV hassle, and be done with it.

For the first time? :p

While we're talking about Mustangs here - I wonder how fast they are gonna depreciate? Can't wait for the Mustang to hit 25 grand or similar in four to five years time... :mrgreen:
But I guess this only happens when enough people buy it ... shouldn't be a problem as the price tag of the first EU models is way above MSRP.

Last edited:
Nothing against you or you posting it - it's against CT.
It's just that I tend to have more and more hate against Car Throttle and their click-baiting, no-research articles fed by a community of people who don't even have a driver's permit ... People love to hate about Alex Kersten;- but you know what, he might be the only proper car nut at CT who thinks about creating car related stuff because he likes it and not because it creates ad revenue.
Wasn't taken personally ;) I enjoy CT same way as Jalopnik, entertainment that I don't take too seriously. Just thought it was interesting that Stang is doing so well ;)

Derped this into the wrong thread. Moved to here

CK8rakHl.jpg

Oh god.

Please tell me those are shops.

I should not have mentioned interest in buying a new car. Now my current car is getting back at me :(

If I'm lucky it's just a dying turbo, and the engine is still good. I'll know more tomorrow.

I should not have mentioned interest in buying a new car. Now my current car is getting back at me :(

If I'm lucky it's just a dying turbo, and the engine is still good. I'll know more tomorrow.

My current-at-the-time vehicle smelled another car on me after a test drive, and I ended up upside-down on the end of an icy on-ramp. They know.

They always know. :mrgreen:
Ain't it the truth. I looked at a few old trucks this weekend. This morning I went blasting up an on-ramp and the T5 in my Cougar popped out of second for the first time.

While we're talking about Mustangs here - I wonder how fast they are gonna depreciate? Can't wait for the Mustang to hit 25 grand or similar in four to five years time... :mrgreen:
But I guess this only happens when enough people buy it ... shouldn't be a problem as the price tag of the first EU models is way above MSRP.

Like most American cars: 'weirdly' as in : like a rock for the first couple of years, until they get to around 3/5th the original price, there they will stay for 15 years, going down very, very slowly, (condition being more important then age here) and as they approach banger stage they stagnate at 5k, where they will be till they return to the earth :p

Last edited:
My XJ: 198? L x 82? W x 53? H
Current XJ: 202? L x 75? W x 58? H

I knew it was taller, but narrower too?? No wonder it looks less sleek and more like a train carriage.

Yeesh, I know it's an Aston Martin Zagato, but it just looks like Generic Japanese 90s Coupe Styling Casserole.